new DAV

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by skullfr, Jul 11, 2012.

1. skullfr

skullfr New Member

hello guys.I came here just because of this section.I am a 57 yr old VET.I became disabled 3 yrs ago due to an amputation at first then vascular blockage problems set in and have had 3 femoral bypasses in a lil over a year.I have a ruptured and bulged disc along with sciatica.I also have stage 3 COPD w/emphasema.I am looking at having to cut my amputated leg back due to too much shrinkage and a destroyed knee.My other knee is titanium.
    In spite of it all I live alone and take care of myself.I drive everywhere including an 1 1/2 hour drive to the VA hospital in Houston.I just signed up for the peer visit program there to help others.My body is broken but my spirit is strong.I just recieved my concealed permit to carry.I go to the range at least once a month.Certain perks for old men in a wheelchair like cute girls hanging my target.I have a degree in industrial engineering and one from the school of hard knocks.Alot of people call me a redneck,but thats ok as I am proud of my soutern cajun heritage and raising.The 2 old rednecks that taught me were my daddy and uncle.Daddy was an armored recon scout in WWIII ETO and uncle was a marine raider in the pacific.I served in the A.F. as a security police and did a very short temporary duty in Viet Nam.I love talking to the vets cause we all have something in common.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Welcome Skullfr !!
  3. blind bud

blind bud New Member

wellcome skullfr

simper/fi brother iam a disabled vietnam vet , a short time in country disabled since 1976 . i love the outdoors hunting , fishing down here in florida .
    blind bud
  4. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Welcome to both of you, so skull what do u shoot
  5. skullfr

skullfr New Member

right now I have a cz-82 in 9x18,rossi 462 SS .357,sks and a mosin nagant 91/30.Thanks