New Ebay gun policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jul 30, 2007.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

My account is canceled along with my 184 positive feed backs

This is not too hard to figure out.
    Pierre Omidyar eBay founder, chairman is a Contributor to Candidate, PAC of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, Patrick Leahy, John Kerry, and the DEMOCRATIC SENATORIAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE.
    It's not about guns it's about control

July 30, 2007 | 10:00AM PST/PT

Matt Halprin
    Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.

As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
    Vice President, Trust & Safety
  2. lohki13

lohki13 Former Guest

That sucks i don't buy weapons off ebay any way. enough stores around me that i would rather support.
  3. KING64

KING64 New Member

I have, in the past, considered purchases on eBay but for various reasons made the decision not to consummate a deal. With the policy and information as outlined above, which very clearly identifies eBay politics, I will never consider trading on that venue. I think all of us can find merchandise elsewhere and boycott eBay as we do other gun CONTROL organizations.
  4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Never have looked at liberalbay and don't intend to.
  5. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Member

It' capitalism at work work, AKA the American way. How would you like to be FORCED to sell Gay magazines at your store or on your website. It's their business, they can sell or not sell what they want. Perhaps they are concerned with felons buying gun making parts?
    We could boycott Verizon becuause just last week, they refused to sell me a pair of shoes!
  6. lohki13

lohki13 Former Guest

Good point i only order dvds off ebay . (don't trust buying a knife i can't see.
  7. KING64

KING64 New Member

The general tone of the posts are not that eBay should be FORCED to facilitate sale of items contrary to their private business policy. It only suggests that individuals have the same right....to choose not to do business with this organization. Simple.
  8. travihanson

travihanson New Member

damn commies....
  9. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I find it hard to believe, there isn't lots of stuff, sold on ebay that could be misused & cause harm to others. cars, appliances, tools, etc. It is about being PC. Good Bye to ebay, for me.
  10. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

I find it hard to believe as well...

22 Can you direct me to the source of this one?

All I can say is that if it's true, they are cutting their own throats by ommitting tons of item sells every day that pose zero danger to anyone.

On the other hand, the gun auction sites will see a huge increase in visitors and sellers.

Crpdeth
  11. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

12. troutwest66

troutwest66 New Member

I read almost all of the first two pages of the discussion. There's 5-10 minutes I'll never get back!:rolleyes: Just more of the same liberal crap that we as gun owners need to boycott. I've only bought off e-bay once but never again. I'd rather see what I'm buying or buy from Cabela's or another entity I can trust. There are some real doorknobs in that discussion who keep defending e-bays decision. The same ignorant, whiny garbage we've heard since the liberals gained an audience with the cranially-challenged in this country. No brain, no headache.
  13. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Trout I'm stealing that and posting it over there :eek: :eek: :eek:
  14. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

15. troutwest66

troutwest66 New Member

Wow! I'm going to be famous!:D The gun owners will get a kick out of it but it will fall on deaf ears of the challenged ones.:rolleyes: Will have to check in to see how that fritz moron responds.
  16. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

fritz moron

He is a babble head. Must work for Ebarf
  17. Birdville2011

Birdville2011 New Member

criminals aren't going to care if they get a gun legally or illegally if they're going to shoot someone, therefore, they shouldn't punish the law-abiding citizens for crimes committed by criminals...stupid liberals
  18. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

I don't think Ebay needs any of my money, rather they're not going to get any.
  19. ruger22com

ruger22com New Member

First, let me say I think Ebay is dead wrong..(heck, I sell over 2,000 10/22 buffers a year, plus other parts on ebay) ..BUT...I can also understand why they are doing it.
    All they are doing is bringing there policies inline to conform with international laws.
    A LOT of buying and selling happens on ebay that crosses international borders.
    And the rule of thumb in what you can ship and cannot ship varies so much that to inact a rule "nothing can be shipped that is neccessary for the functioning of a firearm" is 100% in line with most other countries import/export rules.
    I was amazed that they were allowing barrel sales for so long when it is 100% illegal to ship a barrel to ANY OTHER COUNTRY without an export license (BATF RULE).

I am a class 01 FFL dealer myself (http://cheapgunparts.com) and deal with these laws everyday. If ebay were a U.S.A. company only then it would not be a problem, but they are an international marketplace, and that opens up a whole new can of worms in attempting to keep legal.
  20. MisterEd

MisterEd New Member

I just learned about this today!! Will anything firearms related survive on Ebay or can one assume this means EVERYTHING? I am most likely an ex Ebayer now due to this.