New Ed Brown Special Forces 1911...

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by tex45acp, Jul 12, 2006.

1. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

[​IMG]

I am a Wilson Combat CQB owner and I really like my Wilson's, but I have to say this is one great looking 1911. I really like that it has such a clean slide, only having the "Special Forces" text on one side and nothing on the other. I really like that there are no forward cocking serrations to detract from the look. I would really love to try the chainlink grip texture and see if it is as effective as the fine checkering on my Wilsons. According to the article his Gen III finish gives the gun a matte black coating.

Very Nice would'nt you say????
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

All that purty don't mean squat in the field. The main question is how does it perform and take punishment under adverse conditions.

A purty gun is nice to own but it ain't worth caca if it don't work. I love all of my SA mil-spec 1911's cause they work, with or without the nicks & scratches.

JMHO
  3. KobraCarry

KobraCarry New Member

Though you can read my other thread regarding being slightly peeved at a situation I had to deal with...

I still think Ed Brown's guns are awesome. Hands down. I went to the store on a mission to trade in a few safe quees for a Wilson CQB full size. After holding both, the Kobra Carry by Ed just fit my hands like it was made for it.

My next gun will be a Wilson. Just need to start saving now!!!
  4. stash247

stash247 New Member

Berto, I understand and agree totally with your position; accuracy is nice, but the gun first must 'run', 100%; From all I see and hear, Ed Brown's guns do both!
    What they would do, in the 'sandbox' that is Iraq, under low maintainance conditions, and full of sand, is another question, entirely!
    I build the few pistols I do, for 100% function, regardless of environment, with a 500 rd take down interval, for maintainance, and rework any that won't 'do the deal', for free; most are 3", or less, guns, @ 50!
    But, the first rule is, the gun must run, regardless of conditions.
    Ed Brown seems to harbor the same feelings; all that I have seen of his work is reliability first, accuracy next, product!