The Firearms Forum banner

New EDC Knife

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  carver 
#1 ·
For most of my adult life I have carried a German manufacture Boker knife in either a three bladed Stockman style or a two bladed Canoe both with black scales. I have lost my share of them over the years. The last Canoe walked away while I was opening boxes at a food pantry we were helping and the last Stockman went through a hole in my pocket down in Louisiana. Recently I have been carrying the Stockman I had given to my father back in the 80's and constantly afraid I would lose it too. I have looked for a few years at the various offerings and came close a couple times to buying a Spyderco but I have never felt adept at opening the knives with the hole or the stud for one hand operation. When I saw the little SOG Twitch II in GUNS magazine I liked it right off because it was assisted opening. When I saw the knife with Rose Wood scales I decided to take the plunge. It's price was $51.07 through Amazon. Ordered it on Sunday and it came in the mail today, that was fast. It is compared to the present everyday carry knifes in the photos. The horn scale Stockman was brought back from Germany as a gift by one of my firefighters and is my "dress up" carry. The black scaled Stockman was my father's. Only time will tell if this was a wise purchase. There are so many knives to choose from. This one is small like I wanted and has the assisted opening which I also like. I don't need a large knife and so many are just too heavy for my use. I can now properly retire dad's knife.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I think the top two are really nice:). Though I can understand why you don't want to carry them. I'd hate to loose a family treasure. I carry a Victorinox Evolution S111 and have for probably 30 years, and I do use every single gadget it has. Frankly, I'm not sure how a man can get through a day without a pocket knife. Now I think this one is my 5th, actually my 4th and 5th. I've gone to keeping two in my drawer as one slips out of my pocket often enough.

Good luck with your new knife.

Reactions: todd51
#6 ·
Years ago I began carrying the Victorinox Army Tinker (small) and find myself using it everyday for something or other. Comes with tweezers, toothpick, awl, Phillips head screw driver, large flat head screw driver, small flat head screw driver, can opener, bottle opener, small blade and large blade. I once field dressed a deer with one with no problem.
Knife Multi-tool Material property Font Logo

Reactions: todd51
#7 ·
Todd, glad you found something to carry instead of your dad's knife. I usually have at least two on me at all times. I always have one of those little Swiss Army Classic SD knives on me, they are just so handy for a lot of things that a larger knife just can't do.
  • Small Blade
  • Scissors
  • Nail File with Screwdriver Tip
  • Toothpick
  • Tweezers
  • Key Ring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.