new face of terrorism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gpostal, Feb 15, 2004.

1. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

picture is worth more than a thousand words

Attached Files:

• atf.jpg
      atf.jpg
      File size:
      45.3 KB
      Views:
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

The "new" face of Terrorism?

That face has been arround for awhile.......

mike
  3. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

incredible how these NEW terrorists can see with thier eyebrows . . .
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

LOL, JohnnyRobotic.... Good observation!

I do wonder why SWAT guys need to wear ski masks. What exactly is the purpose of that?
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Sniper wrote:
    Because these guys sometimes get their picture taken. If we braodcast their identity, then there may be reprisals with their family and loved ones.
  6. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Well then they should seriously consider why it is that the public would want to strike back at them.

Call me naive, but I don't believe our country has any business with a "secret" force of gestapo-type attack teams. They need to be accountable to the public just like any other cop. That guy in the picture is a classic JBT, and we should ALL be afraid of a government who uses these tactics.

This is very indicative of the way our government is operating these days. They want us frightened.... they want us to always be subservient to them. They have forgotten that their role is to serve us.
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I don't think it's the public that these guys are worried about. It's the criminals. It's the same theory of concealing the identity of undercover agents.

I do agree with you, though, that these guys should be held accountable, as should everyone involved in law enforcement, all the way up to the hightest levels. They cannot be allowed to be above the law. A "secret" gestapo force is a scary thought indeed and must not be allowed to take place in this country.
  8. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

There are certain things which "go with the territory," both for people subject to this thread and others. I am sure that any in one of those positions realize this and it really is not a big thing. It does always concern you, though, when it happens even though you realize it can and does

As a long-time Prosecutor and Jurist, dating from the early sixties, I have had an unlisted phone number, that is changed frequently since even an unlisted one lasts only so long, to help prevent the threats of death to me or family members from someone getting out of prison and bent on revenge. I have had my children targets of possible kidnappings and bodily harm from school and other places other than home. Even had one diehard knock on the neighbor's door in apartments long ago just to find out what school the kids went to and times.

The cops should realize that it does go with the territory and take precautions but not get paranoid, just as we did. It can be handled several ways if overt or just let alone if it turns out to be just words.
  9. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

I think the mask plays two parts ,the main one is intimidation ,the second is to remain anonymous ,but most of these guys are on the streets daily and remain unmasked ,and and far as a criminal wanting revenge ,the mask don’t hide the court reports and access to find out who was on the arresting team ,so if they really want to know who came through the door they can find out

And it is not very likely there is a group going after a swat team because they recognize one of them on the tv . total intimidation

homeland security at its best
  10. frosty

frosty New Member

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

Bully tactics, intimidation, and fear are the weapons of the weak minded.

I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am loyal to my country and the constitution that it is built upon. We the people have the right to change what we want because this nation is the navel of our being and essence as Americans. Change is inevitable may God guide that change in the best possible direction.

God Bless this Nation. Now give me an AMEN!!!!!!

Patrick
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  11. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

Dang Frosty after a post like that i went down to my town hall and voted for you to be the president !
  12. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

Gotta disagree here...these are that tactics used ON the weak minded. Use these tactics on someone with a pair of marbles and you have got yourself an old fashioned insurrection.
    The way things are going you can smell it in the air.
    Are you ready if it happens?
  13. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yes, but he who controls the "legal definition" of who is and who is not a criminal.....controls everyone!

Examples:
    There was a disabled man here locally, who had gotton on some form of disability from the government. He was being assisted by a home heathcare nurse every few days. This home health nurse was bothered by the fact that this man had a gunsafe, so she asked him about it. He told her that he used to collect old lever actions and other collectors grade firearms.
    I assume it was her that was the informer?...... Out comes the sheriffs department with a search warrant....a search warrant for...FOOD! Yes folks....there is some kind of law that if you're on whatever government assistance this guy was on, you CANNOT have more than $1500 worth of food in the house!!!!
    Deep freezers with beef, deer meat, pork and chicken can add up in value pretty quick......ESPECIALLY when "the government" is the one who is "in control" of saying what this meat is worth!
    Those deer steaks could be as high as $18 a pound....and deer jerkey if we were to compare to jerkey in the local convenience store would run as high as a dollar a strip...or $50 a pound!!!

So this guy is charged with a felony charge for supposedly defrauding the government, his guns are confiscated, he is prosecuted ect ect ect.......

Now you tell me....this man, who "by the way" is a veteran.....IS HE A CRIMINAL? According to the prosecutor he is......

How about the people who are prosecuted/persecuted for having filed income tax returns with mistakes on them, even if it was done by a CPA......huh?......Is that person a criminal?

How about the Husband and father whos wife is told by her woman friends that if she goes down and falsely claims that he abuses her that she can get him out of the house easier....infact she won't even have to be the one that has to tell him that she does'nt want to be married to him anymore......the sheriffs deputys will do it for her as they're hauling his @$$ to jail.....

You say they need some kind of "Proof" that he's abusive? NOPE NOT ARROUD HERE THEY DON'T!!

In my way of thinking, a "criminal" is someone who steals things from other people, hurts or kills other people without cause, and does other morally wrong things......Not someone who is in error on their financial records or their storage of food or even guns......

And as far as that Citizen stuff....I consider myself an American National....I was born here....I have a right to be here, to live my life and enjoy it.....basicly the pursuit of life liberty and happyness.....
    I may techinclly be a citizen, but it is nothing i have ever been proud of......to me, a "citizen" of the government, is a "servant" of that government.....I happen to consider myself free.....

Please note that i love this country and its people just as much as Y'all, I feel the same way Y'all do about those who serve our country in the military, but i do not have any love for our government.

This Government does not respect our constitution and the bill of rights.......to me this government is something different that what it originally started out as......therefore it is not the same entity....
    It is now a democracy....by my definition...a "thieve's guild" so to speak......not a represenative Republic anymore...

mike
  14. frosty

frosty New Member

Those who are in power will try to exert their will upon others. They have nothing but a weak mind bent on control. Those with power are corruptable. That single mindedness is their weakness and the Achiles heel of the corruptable. The love of power and its intoxicatating potion is that which causes a hollowness in a mans soul.

Hold until relieved. Freedom will prevail. Hold fast.

Patrick
  15. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Mike, you've certainly given some good examples of a legal system run amok. We've got to get back to the principals our founding fathers established when they set up this great country.
  16. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

Right on glocknut !
  17. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that the average, run-of-the-mill Joe Friday on the beat cop is dressing more and more like a JBT?

Black uniforms

Black boots

"Tactical" gear

WTF? When did it become necessary to change from the friendly man-in-blue to the intimidating man-in-black?

It's the whole police culture that is changing in ways that I dislike. I grew up respecting cops as men who volunteered to put themselves in harm's way to protect others. Now, when an officer threatens to arrest me for "disturbing the peace" simply for asking him what he was going to do about people speeding through my neighborhood because of a detour HE was responsible for setting up, my faith in the police is shaken.
  18. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

JohnK3, it all goes back to my comments on the fact that our government is becoming less and less accountable to the people they are supposed to serve. There are lots of good cops out there who genuinely want to serve the public and do good for their communities. Unfortunately, the system they work for is corrupt and even the good cops are getting sucked into this new mentality. It's a snowball effect, and we "citizens" are almost powerless to stop it.
  19. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

The conversion is on....

They are being Federalized and

they are being militarized, all by design.

All for your safety and security, how loving.

All coming from the traitors in DC, don't you just know it.
  20. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

Warrior Cops
    The Ominous Growth of Paramilitarism in
    American Police Departments
    by Diane Cecilia Weber

Diane Cecilia Weber is a Virginia writer on law enforcement and criminal justice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Executive Summary

Over the past 20 years Congress has encouraged the U.S. military to supply intelligence, equipment, and training to civilian police. That encouragement has spawned a culture of paramilitarism in American law enforcement.

The 1980s and 1990s have seen marked changes in the number of state and local paramilitary units, in their mission and deployment, and in their tactical armament. According to a recent academic survey, nearly 90 percent of the police departments surveyed in cities with populations over 50,000 had paramilitary units, as did 70 percent of the departments surveyed in communities with populations under 50,000. The Pentagon has been equipping those units with M-16s, armored personnel carriers, and grenade launchers. The police paramilitary units also conduct training exercises with active duty Army Rangers and Navy SEALs.

State and local police departments are increasingly accepting the military as a model for their behavior and outlook. The sharing of training and technology is producing a shared mindset. The problem is that the mindset of the soldier is simply not appropriate for the civilian police officer. Police officers confront not an "enemy" but individuals who are protected by the Bill of Rights. Confusing the police function with the military function can lead to dangerous and unintended consequences—such as unnecessary shootings and killings.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2004