New for me...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Potter, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Potter

Potter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    The middle of England
    Thank you...nice to be here again. Hope your well ?

crystalphoto and howlnmad like this.
  2. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    UK
    Congratulations on getting over those hurdles. I'm afraid to ask for a variance on mine...not sure how long that would take with the new Police Scotland arrangements. Fewer and fewer firearms officers around here.

3. Potter

Potter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    The middle of England
    Well mine only took a week...I'm amazed....I noticed on the web today the police are going to vote if they want to carry firearms every day....I think they need to...times have changed and we need to adapt...

Broot, howlnmad and BlackEagle like this.
  4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    UK
    Agree. It will be hard for the people on the street to accept that, though. There is such an anti-gun mentality here that people go into panic stations just seeing even a toy gun. There was a big reaction when police in the Highlands started wearing side-arms because the hierarchy in Glasgow told them to.

BBC Scotland had it summed up: "I want you (the police) to protect me, but I don't want you to have guns."

5. Potter

Potter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    The middle of England
    It's the same old story...we never seem to move on...we are still going on about the Beatles and winning the World Cup in 66..... time for change and soon.

6. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Glendale Arizona
    Well Mr. Potter, I suppose you will admit with all of us that Scotland is not
    a bad choice to be stranded....it might have been Outer Slobovia where little foot
    tall people attack your finger nails with teeth like finger nail clippers...Good to have
    you back and prayers and well wishes to your Mom...chief

BlackEagle likes this.
  7. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Nice new bangers.. I did some traveling around Scotland. Like Inverness, Glascow, Nairn, Perth then a road trip to John O Groats (northern tip) back then (mid 80s) it was a very small fishing village with a post office and a small pub with a potable kerosene heater in the middle of the floor.. we had lunch with a few of them . Then blew the froth of a couple pints whilst we threw darts. We spent about 10 days in Scotland.

BlackEagle likes this.
  8. Potter

Potter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    The middle of England
    Thanks Chief...

9. Potter

Potter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    The middle of England
    Thanks....the weather is really wild up there at the moment but I like it...there's more space to be had and the feeling of being home.

BlackEagle likes this.
  10. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2016
    My first impression and a long lasting one was/ is beautifull country.. I sure enjoyed taking in the sites. Even the B&B's we stayed at were great

BlackEagle likes this.