1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Well my old gas grill pretty much kicked the bucket, and I keep finding myself needing one for small cooking jobs when I dont want to fire up the smoker...Ugh, I hate spending money this time of year, but this is my Christmas gift to me. :D

Roasted some peppers today for making salsa and took a few pics.

I know I need to clean it! LOL, I haven't taken the time yet. :p

Attached Files:

2. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

That's sure is purrrrrty
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Nice, I want one kinda like that.
    Does it have the roasting spit? (or whatever you call it)
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks guys, I'm really proud of it

It didn't come with a roasting spit, but there is a little catalog with all those extras in it and I thought I may buy one for doing whole chickens. I actually have a roasting cage for peppers that I should have used I guess.

One thing I like about this one Pick, that you may consider on yours is that it has 4 burners, so that you can fire up just the two outside burners and cook a couple steaks on the middle with indirect heat if you choose with no worry about flair ups (the burners are partially covered anyway) and less worry about overcooking if you are busy doing other things. This is the time of year to pick one up too, Lowes really had theirs marked down.

Crpdeth
  6. We finally broke down and bought a gas grill last summer, Crp. With the drought here, it seems every year the town fathers were forbidding the use of charcoal grills, even in residential settings. To me, summertime = barbacue time, so we finally bit the bullet and bought a gas grill since those are allowed. Now I am wondering why I didn't get one sooner!
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Rich

One thing we have going for us in my home town is that they cant restrict us from cooking or staying warm in any form regardless of drought.

I've never seen it this bad though, were looking at dirt where lakes used to be...Lake Lavon for example, which is several towns to my West is almost 21.5k acres and in some places where you used to stand and fish, you stand and look in the distance trying to see water. :(

They aren't even allowed to wash their viehicles in the driveway over there due to water restrictions.

Crpdeth
  8. We've been restricted pretty much every year for the last five or so, Donny, even to the point of canceling the Fourth of July firewords display a couple of times. This year and last year, however, have been fairly wet, so I'm hoping the restrictions won't be so severe this next summer. This year we have already gotten more than half the snow that is considered normal for the year, and in some places twice as much. Most of our moisture comes in February through April, so if the pattern continues, we will hopefully be in much better shape this coming year. The snow pack in the high country is looking very nice so far. The ski resorts are having a field day. :D