new grips!!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gunguy25, Feb 5, 2011.

1. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Dec 25, 2009
    TN
    Heres a my new grips for my ruger feels pretty good. Ok its just skateboard tape and it was free, I went to my local skateboard shop to look for some skateboard tape while looking at it a guy working there ask if i needed some help i told him i was looking for some tape for my gun and low and behold he took this good size part of one that was in the garbage 8 or 10 inch long and about 4inch wide and side here you can have it. He said he would hate to sell me a big one just so i could cut some and use for my grips, just goes to show you there's good people out there.

Attached Files:

2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    naugatuck,Ct.

3. I used to skate and I gotta tell ya to be careful. I had to go to the hospitlat cause the grip tape tore some skin for my arm when I fell. Just lettin ya know.

4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    North Florida
    Well, its not gonna slip now!

5. hackercat13

hackercat13 New Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Washington State
    I had a buddy in the Army who Rhinolined his pistol grips, his brother-in-law worked for a shop that Rhinolined truck beds, and did 'em for free. They looked pretty cool, and were very durable and 'grippy'. I wish I had taken a picture of that.

6. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Pioneer, CA
    Hold on tight. If that grip slips during recoil you may end up with a nasty rash on your hand. Otherwise it looks good and should work for you.

7. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    You may have trouble letting go! :rolleyes::D

8. vytoland

vytoland New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Illinois
    those "grips" will really give you a firm hold.

9. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    forget about carrying it though as it'll rub you raw. good job though

10. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Ohio NRA Member
    Might be a bit rough on the hands after a few hundred rounds fired at a day at the range, Nice though!

11. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

Dec 25, 2009
    TN
    Thanks guys, i just thought i would give it a try and see if i like it and I will let you guys know when i take her to the range.

12. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

Apr 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    you can always dull down the grip a tad with some 120 grit sandpaper. i had some talon grips on my glock and did that