new gun belt

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by ckill1, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ckill1

ckill1 New Member

I'm in the market for a new belt for my bianchi belt slide & Glock 30. Ive been a little unhappy with how the gun is held in relation to my side, & have determined the cause to be the cheap belt Im using. Along these lines, was wondering if you gents had any insight into what belt I should purchase. Have been looking though Dillon's catalogue @ both the Dillon belt(made my Mitch Rosen) & the Wilderness Belt. Any thoughts on these products?
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

CK
  2. 60defense

60defense New Member

I used a department store belt for concealed carry with a j frame revolver, I thought that a lighter gun would be ok. A few months later my setup wasn't as good as I thought. I am using a quality holster, and recomend one over the cheaper brands. After i ruined my belt to the point it became extremely uncomfortable and stretched beyond use with or without the gun, I ordered the Wilderness instructors belt. With the new holster and belt this is an extremely comfortable setup with a 30oz or so loaded gun. I normaly have my shirt untucked so my belt doesnt really catch much attention. If you dress in a more business style attire I would recomend the leather over the nylon. If not I recomend this belt since the comfort is so much better, and can be adjusted for proper fit if you gain or loose a few pounds. I actually carry my gun instead of leaving it in the glove box, or if Im out shooting on the back 40 or hunting its still tough enough to handle my super redhawk. Im not brand myopic, I would just recomend something that fits your needs and is made to do it. Just my opion, hope this helps.
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I spent a couple weeks last spring looking at many, many gun belt manufacturers. I ended up ordering from The Belt Man, and I couldn't be happier. The price is very competitive for a top-quality leather belt, and the turn-around time was much quicker than most other custom belt makers.
  4. Regular Joe

Regular Joe New Member

I just got a plain Jane 1-1/2" "duty belt". Leather, with a plain STEEL buckle. I HATE those nylon clip things that are too weak to serve as a real buckle. If need be, I'll use suspenders to hold the belt up. When I need a gunbelt for what a gunbelt does, there is nothing else that will work.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

7. wuluf

wuluf New Member

another plug for the Beltman, great quality.
  8. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Pretty well any good quality leather belt will work, but you wont find these in the store. Talk to a leather worker.. I bought mine from, Milt Sparks along with my holster. It's over priced though, but I hadnt done any research on good belts and they used to be a lot cheaper when I bought my first one. I personally dont like nylon belts for supporting my gun. They do not have enough stiffness to them. Even my blackhawk belt that supposedly has a stiffener in it, doesnt do as good a job holding up my weapon.
  9. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

I got a gun belt from Crossbreed holsters, I wear it most days and it is a great belt.
  10. wingspar

wingspar Member

Those are some nice looking belts. I’ve been considering a Galco belt, but I like those Belt Man belts. Price about the same as Galco.
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I've never used a Galco, but I would have no hesitation in buying this one again. I got the 1.5" bullhide without the stiffener, and it works great. Even after getting wet and being worn the rest of the day, it still has kept its shape perfectly.

I haven't done it yet, but scuffs can be cleaned up with shoe polish (he recommends Kiwi Neutral) without damaging the belt at all.
  12. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Am I the only person who shops Cops Pluss?
  13. wingspar

wingspar Member

The guy at the LGS swears by his Galco belt. He wears it every day, and has for years, and it’s as good as it was when new. He also has boxes of holsters he never uses anymore. Only Galco holsters for him, and that is probably the way I’m going to go for my new P220, but I do like the looks of those Man Belts.
  14. steve666

steve666 New Member

15. wingspar

wingspar Member

Thanks for those links. Bull Hide Belts had some nice looking money belts, and I’ve been looking for a new one for years. I just ordered one. It will take longer to choose a good gun belt tho.
  16. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I like the look of those bullhide belts. They look plenty sturdy and purdy. :D
  17. wingspar

wingspar Member

Well, I ordered one of those Bullhide money belts, and man, I love this belt. It is the only belt I’m wearing now, tho that will probably change when I get my Galco belt cause I normally only wear money belts when I’m traveling. This has to be the best belt I’ve ever owned. I wore it with my Blackhawk Serpa holster with my Glock 17 the other day, and the holster wobbled around more than I expected. I felt the belt was as tight as I wanted it, but after a while of wearing the holster, I decided to cinch the belt up one more notch. It wasn’t that tight, and the holster disappeared, and technically, this isn’t even a holster belt. Worked great with the Serpa holster. Good fast service from them too.
  18. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Glad you like your new belt. A quality belt really makes a differance in the ride of your pistol. I have worn a belt by milt sparks for the last 7 years or so. It is tough as nails and looked good too. I was dissappointed to have to order a new one though. The sucker seems to have shrank....... :mad: I used to wear in in the middle notch with a regular buckle or the first notch with my western buckle, but now I have to use the last notch with the western buckle to get it on without a pistol at my waist..... I ordered another belt to take care of that problem. They had one in stock that I bought that had room for it to shrink and still fit. I think the last one shrinking actually deformed my belly too! I now have the beginnings of a bulge just above my belt line. :eek:
  19. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

I just got a Desantis from midway. 1 3/4 wide, the one at the top of the page in new midway catalog and I'm pretty happy with it. I've never had anything better than a money belt I got from Cabelas many years back; never knew any better. I have it on my wood cutting sherpa carharts. Once it starts warming up, our grizz come out quick and they come off the summits looking for something good to eat; hope I don't taste good either. I have the S&W 460 in pull away and suspenders on the belt and still in knee deep snow; belt works too. So now that I'm nearly a belt expert, (after belt man's FAQ) I'm going to order one. I'll probably have a bunch of new belts over the nx several months, ha. You all need to give me some more ideas on what to buy.
  20. wingspar

wingspar Member

I have a Galco belt and a Galco Avenger holster on order thru the LGS. They are extremely slow in ordering stuff like this. Next Wednesday will make two weeks since I placed the order, so I’ll call them and find out what’s happening with the order. I’m in no big rush for it, and I like to give them business if I can. Seems like I order most stuff online these days.