New gun from DoubleD

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Brisk44, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

My new Taurus .44 Ultralite came in last night and I'm in love. This baby only weighs 28 ounces. I won't even notice carring it out in the woods. I didn't save the target as I was in a hurry but it places em where you're pointing them.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      305.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Here's the family all together.Top to bottom; .44, .454, .44, .22 and .44. Hey how did that last one get in there? He's not a Taurus.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      310.9 KB
      Views:
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, you need to just get rid of that last one, I will send you my address and I will dispose of it for you!!

Them sure are purty!!
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Who makes that last one, the .44spl?
  5. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

It's a Charter Arms. I know they get a lot of bad rap but that must be for some earlier years because this is fantastic.I shoot some pretty heavy loads through it and it doesn't show any ill effects. I carry it around home when the little dogs are out in case a coyote wants a snack. I figure he can snack on lead. I don't know of anybody that makes a .44 in that size frame. It's small, light, yet still controlable. They are a great little gun.
  6. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

Hey very nice collection you have going there. Them are some nice wheel guns. :cool:
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I have owned several, and love them! I posted a target shot at 25' in another thread about CCW revolvers.
  8. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Up until a year ago I mostly just had Single actions (Rugers) then I decided I needed some double actions for hiking in the mountains in case of bears. I think now I have pretty well taken care of that need. And don't let anybody tell you Taurus handguns aren't any good. These are all accurate as can be. At 25 yards they all shoot silver dollar size groups. They would probably do better but my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be.
  9. pkcgbifaid

pkcgbifaid Member

VERY nice collection! I've always wanted one of the light weight .44's... just haven't worked around to it yet.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

:thumbsup: Nice sissystainless collection Brisk..;)
  11. garydude

garydude Member

12. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Josh most of my guns are blued just a few stainless steel. Since these are mostly for extended use in the mountains where little upkeep will be practical the S.S. seemed appropriate.
    Gary I have a few .357's also just not Taurus's. Mostly Colts and Rugers.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I hear ya brisk. I have stainless barrels in all my autos, so i can have the fuss free sissy stainless and keep my mancard at the range with the guys.

Notice my Savage has a big sissy stainless barrel and a blued action.. Thats so i can say all they had in stock was stainless..;)
  14. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Some of my auto barrels are SS and some are steel. all of my Single actions are blued except for my fancy Vaquaro which is shiny SS. As far as rifles go mine are all blued except for my light weight .308 which is in SS.
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I used to have a sweet shootn Ruger vaquero in .45LC that was blued and case colored with ivorypolymer grips. That was a mans gun. :)