New Gun, New Direction...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by EL TORO, Apr 13, 2010.

?

Which would you choose?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2010.
  1. RUGER P90

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. TAURUS PT1911

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. EL TORO

EL TORO New Member

Well, I changed horses in the middle of the stream today, if fact, I also changed the saddle and blanket as well. I had shot a friends Ruger P90 stainless 45 a few weeks ago, and was really impressed. I spent the following weeks with internal turmoil and conflict regarding keeping the Taurus PT1911 or getting a Ruger P90. The P90(mine is the blue model) won out for a slew of different reasons...Same caliber,(.45 Auto) same number of rounds,(8+1) same approx weight and size(Ruger thicker, but shorter barrel). Picked up a Don Hulm molded leather inside the waist holster for the P90, so I'm good to go for carry. Another couple of reasons I chose the Ruger, NO MIM PARTS, NO PLASTIC PARTS, NO INTERNAL LOCK! How refreshing...The P90 actually was somewhat more accurate than the PT1911 and the P90 did not shoot low like the Taurus did...

I did not require a new user name as I have a carport full of Taurus autos so I am still "EL TORO", but only for a couple of different Taurus models(cars, not guns)...
  2. eddism

eddism New Member

I bought a new one today too. Mine is the Magnum Research Desert Eagle 1911G. After reading this sales pitch. It made me laugh. Anyone with the rocks to say such a thing must be making a pretty good one. So for $700 from Gunsource its on backorder.
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

Congrats on the Ruger...
    Excellent choice you will enjoy as will your assigns for many years.
    Happy Trails!