New gun problems!

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ryan42, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

My son Brandon has quite a bit of mowing money saved and he wants to buy a .22 pistol.We went to the gunshop and they had a .22 derringer for $107.00.I told Brandon thats really not a target pistol or a very good plinker.The owner heard me and he said you Dad is right.He told Brandon thats like your last chance weapon.He then said I got something in the back you would like.He brought out a Pheonix Arms semi auto .22 and I sell it to you for $110.00. Its only 4 months old and only been fired 1 time.Its a real nice looking gun its finished nickel and the clip hold 10 rounds.Brandon bought it and we loaded it up and I noticed it didnt look like it had much lubricant in it when I pulled the slide back.Anyway he fired 2 shots back to back and then it jammed. It didnt have a round stuck in it.The problem was the slide was stuck and I couldnt budge it.I noticed it stuck about 3/4 its way back.It wouldnt go back far enough to chamber a new round. I emptied the clip and got the manual to see how it came apart.Its was tough but I got the mechanism that removes the barrel and slide to move forward and then I took it all apart.I couldnt see anything wrong so I lubricated the moving parts and reassemled the gun.Every thing is working perfectly.I loaded 10 rounds and cycled all of them through by hand and no problem.We are going to test fire tommorrow and see how it goes.Does anyone know of this brand of gun or have any reviews I should know about? This is an HP 22A
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

3. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

ok Thanks Ill let you know how it fires tommorrow.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Ryan, not really the best choice of gun. The customer service is terrible and the gun is marginal. I hope you get decent service out of it.
  5. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

After taking the gun apart and cleaning it,I discovered the recoil spring was not in its correct position.I put it back together and took it out today and run 100 rounds which is 10 clips and it worked flawlessly.It actuall feels good in the hand and is pretty darn accurate.I went by the gunshop and talked to them and they thought it was assembled wrong and if I had any more problems to bring it in.Brandon really likes it.