New Gun Store in Western PA

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by jefferis, Oct 4, 2010.

1. jefferis

jefferis New Member

Hi folks, last year I got advice here on the value of a 1911 WWI issue Colt and I was able to sell it online at ********* and I got nearly the value estimated, since it was a one off sale, but I went through a friend of mine, Jeff Nesbit, of Nesbit Guns, and the transaction and transfer went off without a hitch. I ended up buying a Stag Model 3 from him and a red dot. And I plan to get my wife a Ruger 38 LCR with the proceeds. Anyway, the guy has an interest in buying all sorts of used guns and his prices are lower than most around. His staff is also female friendly. My wife and I took a lady from our church there who wanted a Crimson Trace Ruger LCR and she said she felt so comfortable there, she could spend the day. At other gunstores in the area she felt like a deer in headlights :) She got her concealed carry permit and now she also wants to get a fold up .22 for her purse.
    Gun buying is an addiction :)

Jefferis Peterson
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Jeff - is it just me or does this sound like a commercial for "Jeff" at Nesbit Guns? I don't mean tp offend you, but if you have a friend who deals in firearms, why would you need to go to an on-line forum to get help in deciding the value of a particular (and relatively common) type of firearm?

Again, not trying to offend you or any member of TFF, but if this is a commercial or attempt to garner buiseness for a particular entity, you'd be better off just saying so. It is good to learn of honest and friendly gun shops.

I don't live in Pennsylvania, so I don't have an intrest either way. Never been there, but I'd like to go someday to see the Gettysburg re-inactments. Glad you got a decent price for that Colt.
  3. jefferis

jefferis New Member

No, you don't understand. If you look at my earlier posts from last year, I posted questions to find out the value and I got some great feedback from Danny Bowles on this forum, before I knew the owner, who is also named Jeff, had a gun store. I had no idea what the value might be and Danny gave me a good estimate. Early this year, i found out that Jeff had a new gun store and he recommended to me to use an auction site, that apparently must remain nameless, to sell the piece, which I did to a collector in Michigan. I had to find a way of doing the transfer and shipping. Jeff basically charged me what it cost him to do the transfer and shipping. And before I sold it, I did ask him, to see if Danny's price was on target, but he told me that because of it's age (a WWI) he wasn't expert enough on how to measure its condition as a collectible.

BTW I used to live in Gettysburg and the 125th year re-enactment was huge and incredible to watch.

Jeff
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  4. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Glad you didn't take my post wrong. It really is refreshing to find a dealer who isn't out to rip you off. Hope his buiseness goes well. If he continues to treat customers as he has you - he'll be around a while.

There are not a bunch of dealers here in Colorado like that. A few - but far between. I work the Gun Show recruiting booth for my Gun Club, and have been poorly treated. I do it free-gratis - but I'm at the end of that stuff. Last time the Security Guard gave me a major ration of BS. Had to go to the front desk to get my "Helper's Pass". The front door was locked, and vendors were allowed to enter from a side door. As the Club had a last minute cancellation and asked me to fill in, I had to go to the front desk to get my Pass. The Guard wouln't let me in to get that danged pass without a pass. Catch-22. He finally relented, I got my pass and went back to show him that I hadn't snuck in. Guy was still a jerk even then.