New Gun

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Thorisin, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Just purchased a Beretta Storm X4 .40

I still have to wait 11 days because I am in Californa. Time to rebuild the collection. :) I Think this is a good start.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Cool ! pic's and range report when you can eh ;)
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

11 DAYS!! wow...I am sorry to hear that. It is a great pistol.
  4. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

11 day wait lol, what fools politicians are. I suppose if you wait 11 days to get it, that assures you're not going to go out and shoot up a movie theater? Either the gun is dangerous or it's not. Either we have a 2nd amendment or we don't. 11 days to get something you bought and paid for, for no reason? Insane.

oops, typed over grats on the new gun!
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  5. skullfr

skullfr New Member

sorry bout the wait but enjoy it nice choice
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

And the significance of eleven days is what?
  7. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

The old Brady 10 day waiting period plus the partial day of purchase to be an extra anal retailer and keep the BATFE appeased, since "............when do you start counting to 10?" I am pretty sure. What a farce. If you DONT have a criminal background you have to wait 10 (+) days, but if you ARE a criminal you just steal one or buy one outta some guys trunk in a parking lot. Go figure.
  8. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Its California. What do you expect. Took me 3 hours just to fill out the paperwork. Then I had to go back and "prove" my residency. Funny thing is my electric bill has a different street name than the one on my license. They changed it 20 years ago and for some reason Edison won't change it. Zip code was the same, city name was the same, even the address numbers were the same but not the street name. I almost didn't get the gun. They hit Google maps and the street had two different names, still, not the same address, the state won't let us sell it to you. Fine, they then say but you can change your address at the DMV, here lets hit the computer. :)

Here is what is funny, if you can't show residency, no gun. So if your 25, going to college living with mom and dad and don't own a car, no go.

Its not about the background check. If that were the case I have passed all of those with flying colors. I had to be checked for my job and I have been checked from the county to the DHS. Nope, still not a criminal.
  9. skullfr

skullfr New Member

yeah Cali gun laws work real well in da hood dont it.Thank the Lord for texas gun law.Small form quick check and cya later.I think my last purchase took 15 minutes and that cause they had to do the call or computer check.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Which one did ya get, the F, or the G? I have a CCW, and in TX that means that I get to skip a lot of this junk! Takes me however long it takes to fill out the paper work.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  11. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Got the F. DA/SA. I prefer that action.
  12. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Something I dont think the polititions will ever figure out. If your breaking the law some stupid gun laws aren't going to stop you. The liberal whakadoodles will never figure that out. But then again, they live in exclusive areas and dont have to see the crap they create.

I do know that once I am retired I am out of this state.
  13. rcairflr

rcairflr Well-Known Member

I've looked at the Beretta Storm at the LGS, excellent choice.
  14. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Thanks. It still wasnt my first choice but I cant seem to find the Walther P99 anywhere in this state. It was my second choice. Then I have to get the Beretta 92f. I have two clips and no gun. Need the gun to go with the clips :D