New Gun

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by dirttrackdemon, Jul 25, 2008.

1. dirttrackdemon

dirttrackdemon New Member

I am thinking about getting a New semi. automatic, but am stuck on which to buy. I am looking at a Bersa compact 9, a Taurus Millinium Pro P111, or a KelTec P11. How about some imput from people who might have had any of these.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

try to find a review for each of those google kel-tek review do the same with the others and see what people are saying. www.handgunreview.com
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

because i was curious and bored, i went to handgunreview and checked and to be honest i suspected the taurus would get good reviews but the kel-tec also got good reviews. based on my experiences with the kel-tec i was shocked perhaps i got a lemon because the overall rating was good. now for the bersa no rewview on the mini 9 but check out the reviews on their 380's all excellent no reason to think the 9 would be any different. any way just a fyi hope that web site helps others get back ground info on guns they plan on owning and what to expect.
  4. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Less expensive is not necessarily good value. Check out Kahr's line of small semiautomatics. I think those are the best value. You could get a Rohrbaugh at three times the price, but the incremental improvement isn't worth the cost. But the difference between Kel-Tec and Kahr is more like thirty percent, and the incremental difference in quality is definitely worth the additional price.
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You might want to look at one of the SCCY (skyy) model CPX-1. It is a very small good looking 9mm pistol. I have looked at one in my local gun shop, but I don't really know much about them.

The gun shop owner told me that he has sold 5 or 6 of them. He said that he company calls him once about a week to see if any one of his customers have had problems with them (does this mean that they are expecting problems or is it just good customer service).

The price for one of them is a little less than $250.
  6. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

I have the Taurus PT-111 and it is great little shooter. I have not had a single FTF. It is my carry piece and I feel very comfortable with it. I really do not like the KelTec, the trigger pull is just too long for me.