1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New gun

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Lost One, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Lost One

Lost One New Member

Well its not mine, but I bought a new Walther P22 for the son today. He had to have the camo pattern ($50 extra for paint). Anyway he is 8 years old and cannot get his hands around the grip of his Browning Buckmark to well so the grip on the Walther allows him to grip it properly. He also bought a Crickett about 2 months ago and we haven't been able to get out to do any shooting yet, I ordered the scope base for it and am making him pay for the scope for it.

I have bought myself a couple of pistols here in the last month so he had to keep up :D. I have read a couple of reviews that say the Walther has some issues with breakage, I dont know if its just because people dry fire them or what, I dont like dry firing a gun so it wont be happening here.

Does anyone have one and what do you think of the Walther P22?
  2. fyimo

fyimo New Member

Dry firing a 22 pistol or rifle is a no no unless you have snap caps in them. Being a rim fire the the chamber will get damaged if dry fired. Most of the reviews I've seen on the Walter have been very favorable but I don't own one.