New guy seeking advice.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wrczx3, Jun 26, 2006.

1. wrczx3

wrczx3 New Member

Hello everyone,

I have recently inherited 10 handguns. That's right, I said ten handgun. I want to know the value of a few that I can easily identify. One is a Colt 380 hammerless with a nickel plate. It is in fantastic comdition. The serial number is 39XXX. It also has on it Patented Apr. 20, 1897 Dec. 22, 1903. I also have a 357 two barrel Derringer which looks like Stainless or Nickel with pearl handles. Serial number is 108XXX. Any help would be much appreciated. Jerry Powers
  2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

At the very least, good pictures and a more accurate description is necessary. The Colt may look great to you, but it could be a refinish- affecting value greatly. Descriptions should include all information on the gun.
    Bill
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Jerry......welcome to TFF! :)

Bill is absolutely right....in order to properly identify and evaluate your guns, we need some good, clear, photos.....full size left and right profile, and closeups of any unusual markings.

Also, all of the writings on the gun, exactly as they're written.

On your Colt .380. It's probably a Type II Model 1908 Pocket and, according to the serial #, was made in 1920.

Value will depend on condition and originality. "Fantastic condition" doesn't really tell us much. If it's in excellent condition, has the original nickle finish and original factory pearl grips....it could be worth up to $1,000.

On your Derringer, your 7 shot revolver, and your Whitney revolver.....we'll need more detailed info, caliber, pix, and all of the writings on the guns.