new guy with a ? sorry not much info

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by landcannon, Sep 2, 2006.

1. landcannon

landcannon New Member

Any one know where i could get a price on a Hopkins & Allen 12ga not sure of age all i have on it is the numbers (A0606) that are stamped on it will try to get some pic of it on here if i can. but any help well be greatly taken thank you.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I'm gonna move your post to the "Ask the Pros and What's It Worth?" forum. Some of our experts should be able to help you out.

In the meantime, welcome to TFF! :)
  3. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

not much research has been done of H&A single barrel shotguns as there has not been much collectors interest. the only thing i can tell you for sure is that it predates 1917. H&A went out of business at this time.

the most likely era would be 1900/1901 to 1917. unless it is one of the falling block type which were manufactured in the 1880s/1890s
    bill
  4. landcannon

landcannon New Member

Thanks any clue what this my be worth? it's not for sale but would like to know and thanks for the info.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Landcannon.....welcome to TFF. :)

Well, you've given us very little information to work on here.

Is it a single or double?

Hammer or hammerless?

Any dates or writing on the gun? List everything written on it, EXACTLY as written.

Is it plain, or is there engraving on the gun?

Damascus or plain steel barrel(s).

If you can, please post some nice, sharp, clear photos. Full length right and left profile, and closeups of any writings or unusual features.

Most H&A shotguns were good quality, but not expensive, firearms. However, they did make a few top level guns. According to the Standard Catalog of Firearms, depending on model and condition, values could vary from $100 to $1,000.
  6. landcannon

landcannon New Member

sorry i should have said these sorry lol

Is it a single or double? Single

Hammer or hammerless? Hammer

Any dates or writing on the gun? List everything written on it, EXACTLY as written. A0606 is all that is on it

Is it plain, or is there engraving on the gun? Plain

Damascus or plain steel barrel(s). Plain Steel

Thanks for all the help so far
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  7. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

OK......for a "Plain Jane" H&A single, depending on condition.....$75 to $150.

If it was passed down thru your family, "Great Grandpa's Gun", etc., it's worth far more than that to you as a family heirloom (but not in the marketplace).

This gun was most likely designed for blackpowder loads, and shouldn't be shot with modern shotgun rounds.
  8. landcannon

landcannon New Member

Ok Thanks alot it was passed down and it was good to know about it thanks