New guy

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Brn380, Jul 28, 2009.

1. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Just out of curiosity, not trying to be mean, but what does the gay community expect from the government ? I'm a Republican/libertarian/conservative and I don't see where any group should expect special treatment from the gov't. We firearms people have legitimate gripes with the gov't because we have rights spelled out in the Bill of Rights that some clowns in DC don't agree with, so they try to take away our rights, but I don't agree with the idea that gays or anybody else should get special treatment from the gov't.
    ....and you can't go wrong with a .357 Smith and Wesson for CCW. It's a very powerful, easily concealable and lightweight firearm. Good luck to you.
  2. OklahomaBrian

OklahomaBrian New Member

Hey,welcome.If you like the hi-point try the 9mm.I have 1 and a hi-point .40 as well.The 9mm is about the same size as the 380,and the ammo is alot cheaper.And you paid $178 for a 380?They run about 129 nib here in Oklahoma.I can get a .45 for about $179.I have put about 4000 rounds through my 40 with only 1 jam.(Stovepipe,dirty ammo.)It consistently hits a 6 in group at 50 yds.Got my monies worth there.
  3. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Welcome to the forum and the 380 dilemma. Great round for small conceal type of guns. Almost impossible to find but will eventually come back. A 22LR would be great for shooting with regard to muscle memory as long as it functions exactly like your CC or defensive piece. Otherwise, I would recommend going with a 9 mm or a 40 cal and practicing a lot with that gun. I mention those two calibers due to economics. A 45 is fabulous, but it is one of the more expensive rounds and can be an expensive gun. So, weigh your needs and your economics and let that guide you.

Old Guy
  4. roaddog28

roaddog28 New Member

Welcome aboard!

If I were you I would consider a Ruger SP101. Ruger makes them in two or three different barrel lenghs. SP101 is very sturdy revolver that can be concealed. I would get one in 357 magnum. That way you would have two choices in ammo in 38 special or 357 magnum. If you can find a used Security Six Stainless in 357 magnum in a 2.75 inch tube you would again have a very nice piece. The sp101 is a little small but you can't go wrong with a Security Six revolver. Smith and Wessons are very good revolvers but you will paid a lot more. Also check out taurus. They do have some nice small revolvers at good prices.

Of course its up to you but I would go for a SP101 Ruger in a 3 inch log barrel.

Good luck,
  5. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Welcome to the forum. 380 when you can find it has some sky rocket prices. 9mm and 40 S&W are a little easier to find. Glock or the Springfiled XD line offer very good choices and affordability.
  6. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

It's 2012 now get a Taurus Slim 9mm.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

big fan of them taurus's in fact you have dug up a lot of old posts and put the taurus stamp on them regardless of the thread

agenda ??
  8. Munch

Munch Member

I also like my .380 BRN. I have noticed around here that it seems like the supply is starting to come back and even at pretty good prices. I found boxes of 50 on sale at a local store for 12.88 a box. I only had enough for 4 boxes, or I would've cleared the shelf of the 30 or so boxes they had. I also happen to be one of the fans of the high point pistols. They aren't the most attractive, but they are reliable (in my experience). I had a HighPoint in 40sw, and it never gave me a single problem. I fired it quite a bit, 1000+ rounds easily. IMO, they are good weapons. Have you ever considered reloading? You will be your own supplier at that point...
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome aboard Brn any problems give me a call, everyone knows i am the most qualified to help you:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::dance::dance::dance::dance:
  10. patriot1973

patriot1973 New Member

I gotta say, Glock has a great thing going. They make a quality firearm, for what I consider to be a very reasonable price and the thing is as durable or more so than anything else out there. I know alot of people hate them, but I see a gun as a tool, and Glock makes very good tools. IMO