New here, and with a new pistol

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Sportdog7, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Sportdog7

Sportdog7 New Member

You know I removed the full mag from it just for the pic. so the anti's wouldn't have a fit!
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum nice little toy
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

How is it in terms of weight and ammo capacity? I've heard a lot of good things about the SR9 too.

EDIT: I see it's got a 15-round magazine.
  4. Sportdog7

Sportdog7 New Member

Weight wise I believe its 27oz. and yup 15rd mag, so far not a single issue I've tried Federal & PMC without any feed or ejection trouble.
  5. Sportdog7

Sportdog7 New Member

Well I filled out the paperwork for the C.C. permit last week so now I just hurry up and wait! I have enjoyed shooting the SR-40 at the range, I saw a video on you tube that featured the SR-40 with a trigger mod from Galloway. Tt says it will take up a lot of the slack and reset on the trigger quicker. Has anyone had this done to their SR ? Is it worth considering and what does it cost?
  6. 2000ShadowACE

2000ShadowACE Member

Congrats on the fine weapon purchase, I looked at the 9mm version, but decided on another gun. The price was great. I hope the .40 brings you years of shooting satisfaction. BTW, don't hesitate to get your CCW. You never know when you might want to take the gun with you and it's a lot easier to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
  7. DRB

DRB New Member

I know there have already been a lot of replies, but FWIW I have the SR9c and I love it. Also, good move on the CCW. Like already stated, it's better to not need and have than to need and not have. Hopefully we can get 50 state reciprocity soon!
  8. STAYFROSTY

STAYFROSTY New Member

Congrats sportdog. You and I have a very similar story. I have been shooting rifles and shotguns since I was a toddler. But until recently I have never owned a centerfire pistol. I chose the SR9. I love it. I bought it a week or so ago. I opted for the OD green frame and stainless slide finished in matte black.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  9. Sportdog7

Sportdog7 New Member

The SR-40 is a great bargain and surprisingly accurate. I'm so glad I decided on the Ruger.
  10. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

welcome SD7, thats a real nice pistol you got I'm sure you're gonna love it.
  11. Sportdog7

Sportdog7 New Member

More good news!! Today I received my C.C. permit.
  12. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Never leave home without it. :)
  13. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Good for you. Takes a year to get one here.
  14. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

Nice gun, I have an SR9c and luv it. :)