new here thought id post a few pics of my rifles

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by evan03, Aug 19, 2011.

1. evan03

evan03 New Member

2506 do all ruger. Where's a 4.5-14 Leo. Fully bedded with trigger work. Pushes 115vlds mostly sometimes 115 Nos bts and then 115 triple shocks for elk.
    [​IMG]

22 hornet. Just trigger work so far.
    [​IMG]

220 been dumping deer with 53gr triple shocks and varmints with 55vmax's
    [​IMG]

Browning silver for bird. Sweet bird gun for not much invested
    [​IMG]

And my 3006.
    [​IMG]

Can you tell I'm a ruger Guy?
  2. quigleysharps4570

quigleysharps4570 New Member

Nice rifles Evan. Those Barnes Triple Shocks are go-getters out of that Swift. ;)
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I like that #1 I can definitely see you are a fan of the smallbores. and the hornet is a great little round, vastly underestimated and all but forgotten nowadays. Its a shame. My dad and uncles killed their first deer with my grandads ol winchester 70 in .22 hornet. Headshots at close range of course.
  4. evan03

evan03 New Member

Thanks guys.
    yes the triple shock is a go fetter.

Here's a 53 great triple shock recovers from my last Miley Buck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Buck
    [​IMG]
    This shroom weighs 53grs after blowing the blood and bone fragments off it with the compressor. Its bigger then a 45cal bullet.

Think this is the 25 with a vld and a 115 triple shock.
    [​IMG]

Yes I'm very fond of shootable small bores. I've seen plenty of deer coyotes and elk wounded with larger then 3006 magnumns. Shot placemant is key.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Indeed it is. Somethin lots of new to the sport folks tend to try to replace with big magnums
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Welcome to The Firearms Forum.
  7. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I hadn't even heard of it till I picked a single shot Herters Plinker a few months back. I only bought it cuz it was dirt cheap. Turns out the only good deal would have been free, but that's another story.
    Even though the rifle was garbage and a hole in the head waiting to happen, I have to say I was impressed with the ammo and it's potential. Kinda reminded me of an ol' friend of mine, he was a little dude but if he got ahold of you, it was all over but the cryin'.
  8. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Welcome to the forum Evan; great post and pics! The first 22 hornet I ever shot was a 22H/410 H&R single shot. We'd drop the cows with the Hornet, one shot and one kill every single time for as many years as I can remember. 'Course cows at 15yrds are a bit easier to kill than a wary muley at 200 :D
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, what do u mean triple shock
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

The simple answer is it's simply another bullet designed for accuracy and penetration characteristics etc., very effective for hunting.
  11. Chinook

Chinook New Member

Welcome from another newbie here Evan! Love the collection man!

Barnes Bullets makes the Triple Shok. I use them in a 25-06 of my granddads. It was the first rifle I ever decided to hand load for.

For that...
    I use the 115 or 117 gr. Triple Shok, with 52 gr. of IMR7828. Great load that performs near 3000 fps.
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Barnes Triple Shock X bullets beth. the picture of the mushroomed bullt in post #4 just above the dead mule deer buck is a .224 barnes TSX. look at the shape of the shroom and you can see how they come by their name. They ALL expand like that.
  13. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

thanks everyone that's a new one for me, its nice to learn something every time i am on here
  14. evan03

evan03 New Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

This years goal is for a nice Buck to run into a 115 Berger vld
  15. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

GRABBY HANDS at the 25-06. I love the 25-06 and want one so bad.

I have a buddy that has the 77/22 Hornet and made it into a 17 Ackly Hornet Man that little rifle could shoot. Fire forming loads were printing .25 to .3" 5 shot 100 yard groups.