New here with a question

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by RugerUser, Nov 7, 2012.

1. RugerUser

RugerUser New Member

I have a chance to buy a westernfield m830 .22 bolt action. It is supposed to shoot really well and it looks to be in about average condition for it age. I know nothing about the reviews of this gun or the value of it, any info on the value, problems, reliability and shooting of this gun would be greatly appreciated.
  2. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Welcome rugeruser. I too know nothing about the gun you are asking about but I can guarantee someone in this site will. If you post this question in the whats it worth section of this forum you will get a better response to your question. Also if you could post pictures and any information stamped on the gun that will give the experts more to go on. Sorry I wasnt more help but stick around and you will get your answer.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Mossberg Model 340K bolt action repeater is the same gun ( pretty much)

rather a good little shooter and because of the mossberg match parts are available

value never been a expensive gun , it will wear over time, more use , the more they wear , but out do many competitors of the same $ range

check local pricing and compare to see if your is within the sales range currently

biggest hassle is if you drop a mag and bend the feed lips , they need to be set right or it can feed bad and that can be trial and error until you get it right ( but spare mags are not hard to find and cheap )
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  4. RugerUser

RugerUser New Member

Thanks for the info...he wants a 100 bucks for it. I don't know does that sound remotely fair?
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm in Australia and guns are way more expencive here but that sounds pretty good to me , but again check locally as prices i am always way off on thanks to the imbalance here
  6. Buffalochip

Buffalochip Active Member

I agree with Jack--the price is OK (may be a tad high)--depending on what you mean by "average". You have a storebrand gun made by Mossberg, and although the quality is likly identical, storebrand guns have less value.
  7. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Value should. be no more than $75, probably closer to $65.
  8. RugerUser

RugerUser New Member

Thanks for the input guys.