The Firearms Forum banner

New here with a question

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RugerUser 
#1 ·
I have a chance to buy a westernfield m830 .22 bolt action. It is supposed to shoot really well and it looks to be in about average condition for it age. I know nothing about the reviews of this gun or the value of it, any info on the value, problems, reliability and shooting of this gun would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome rugeruser. I too know nothing about the gun you are asking about but I can guarantee someone in this site will. If you post this question in the whats it worth section of this forum you will get a better response to your question. Also if you could post pictures and any information stamped on the gun that will give the experts more to go on. Sorry I wasnt more help but stick around and you will get your answer.

#3 · (Edited)
Mossberg Model 340K bolt action repeater is the same gun ( pretty much)

rather a good little shooter and because of the mossberg match parts are available

value never been a expensive gun , it will wear over time, more use , the more they wear , but out do many competitors of the same $ range

check local pricing and compare to see if your is within the sales range currently

biggest hassle is if you drop a mag and bend the feed lips , they need to be set right or it can feed bad and that can be trial and error until you get it right ( but spare mags are not hard to find and cheap )

#4 ·
Mossberg Model 340K bolt action repeater is the same gun ( pretty much)

rather a good little shooter and because of the mossberg match parts are available

value never been a expensive gun , it will wear over time, more use , the more they wear , but out do many competitors of the same $ range

check local pricing and compare to see if your is within the sales range currently

biggest hassle is if you drop a mag and bend the feed lips , they need to be set right or it can feed bad and that can be trial and error until you get it right ( but spare mags are not hard to find and cheap )
Thanks for the info...he wants a 100 bucks for it. I don't know does that sound remotely fair?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.