New here...

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by thunderstruck507, Jan 12, 2006.

1. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

Thought I would say hi

I'm 21 from Oklahoma, going to school at the Univ of Arkansas.

Loved shooting as long as I can remember, from .22 to 12 gauge and now into 9mm and my true love, my Colt King Cobra .357 mag.

My 9mm is just a compensated/lasered Hi-Point though, but for a $160 gun I think its a pretty good little toy. In my opinion any auto has potential for problems, all it takes is a dead round...that's why I picked up the Colt. At least it's accurate and fun to shoot.

Kinda looks like .45 rules around this forum, my roommate just picked up a Sig 220 and is enjoying it too.
  2. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Welcome to our nightmare! ;)

Where in Oklahoma are you from? I'm from SE OKC.

Don't worry about what everyone else seems to like just shoot what makes you happy and enjoy shooting. The King Cobra is a fine revolver and the Hi-Point is a fun play-toy from what I've heard. Have fun! :D
  3. Tracker

Tracker New Member

Welcome--you,ll find lots of info here and members who are willing to help
  4. First off, welcome to the forums, Thunder. Trust me, you'll like it here. Great bunch of people.

Yeah, lots and lots of .45 1911 aficionados around here, kinda like fleas on a coonhound. :D Some of us more rational Glock people do try to keep them straight from time to time, but it's a loosing battle. Xracer thinks the battle of Armegaddon will be fought with the .45 1911 Colt. :p
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Glad to see ya at TFF, thunderstruck.

Hope you will pull up a stool and enjoy.
  6. PLINKER45

PLINKER45 Member

WELCOME TO TFF!
  7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Welcome to The Firearms Forum.

1911’s??? :eek:
    Glocks??? :eek:
    (stir.....stir)

thunderstruck507,
    Keep in mind that there are “some” here that like REAL guns. ;)
    Love my SIG 220.………and 226. :D :D
  8. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

Didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with a nice .45, I love the 1911s but am a college kid with a 71 Chevelle that eats most my cash, guns are toys on the side. I would love a nice 1911 but I didn't want to drop that kinda cash into an auto.

I was originally looking for a Smith 686, found one and went to one last shop that had the Colt for $30 less and it came with the box and manual. Picked it up and liked the feel better than the Smith. Feels like someone has put a lighter spring in, trigger pull is extremely smooth and soft compared to my dad's Smith 66

I'm from a small town in the SE corner of OK called Valliant, near Idabel, Broken Bow, and only 45 min north of Paris Texas.
  9. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome aboard!
  10. tex45acp

tex45acp New Member

thunderstruck507,

welcome to the forum.

there are quite a few characters here, and in all other forums i frequent, and they all have opinions.....as you have already experienced. the staff and forum members are a wealth of knowledge and experience. in most cases, they are willing to share that knowledge & experience with anyone who asks. use that tool to your advantage.

i have been through broken bow a couple of times in my life on my way north. i am in south central texas, in a town named victoria. i hope you enjoy your visit here and learn as much as you can.
  11. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Welcome to our humble home. Pull up a stump and dive in!
  12. Yup! As Shakespeare onces said (in Macbeth): "Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble!" :D ;)

I do think, though, that Gaston Glock should be nominated to the Vatican for sainthood. I'm sure John M. Browning, however, will be forgiven his design of the 1911 in a few eons, after proper penetence, of course. :D ;) :rolleyes:
  13. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

WELCOME to the home of gun nuts, and some of us do like real guns such as the GLOCKS.WHen it has to work everytime Glock is the only way to go.
  14. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. How long have you been goin to the UofA and what's your major? Me and my wife just left there about a year ago.
  15. BountyHunter

BountyHunter New Member

Hi Thunder, welcome to the board. I'm pretty new here also.

Valiant, huh? Maybe we ought to get together and pop some caps sometime, I'm about 45 minutes south of you. :D