New HiPoints

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by warsawdaddy, Nov 30, 2007.

1. warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy New Member

At a show this wknd,a dealer had brand new Hi-points in 9mm,40,45 acp.The prices were from $140 - 160 which I thought was very reasonable.I have a Hi-point 9mm carbine for plinking and it shoots outstandingly and is fun to shoot.Has anyone shot the new ACPs mentioned?I'm considering buying one just because of the price.Any real negatives?
  2. 909RAI

909RAI New Member

my dad owns a 9mm compact by hi point he says its the best gun he has ever owned and i laughed at him and told him i find that hard to be true since he was in the military. but we go to the range twice a week and i have never seen it malfunction we put at least 200 rounds in for our primary cary each time. i still would never buy one:D
  3. tonygrz

tonygrz New Member

I own a HiPoint 9MM compact and I love it. It's what I carry in my truck. Have fired almost 1000 rounds without a failure to fire, feed or eject. Yes, people made fun of me for even thinking of a HiPoint, but it works for me. You might get a few "trash gun" talk, but that's OK. I think the Kimbers are overpriced junk IMHO. Get the HiPoint and have fun with it.

tonygrz
  4. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan Active Member

Cheap, fat, clunky, top heavy, mags are known to cut your finger when loading. Sorry, but I'm still getting a higher quality pistol when I get a job. Probably a Walther or a Springer.

However, I was considering getting a HiPoint rifle, I hear good things about those...other then it uses the pistol mags.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  5. Mystery7s

Mystery7s New Member

New HiPoints, I have not tried one yet but I did see them at the gun shows here in Las Vegas around the same price ($200)for used ones. I tried the cx4 storm the other day and it was great. I liked the pistol mag loading. I plan on getting one of each. I have an old Hi Standard m101 from around 1950s and love it.

Went to the range with my wife and had lots of fun with my MAS 49/56. She enjoyed shooting it too. All she shot was 1 clip 10rds. Then she wanted to try my colt 38. She liked the colt so much it was hard to get it back from her. She went through 100rds with this six shooter like it was her favorite starbucks coffee. Then she shot my m101. She had a blast with it, but the old police 38 special was her favorite. It has been a very long time since she has shot any guns. Her grouping with the colt 38 was scary because it was all in the same spot nice and tight and better than mine. The sound of the Mas startled her but she was happy that it did not kick hard. For me the MAS was GREAT. Even the guys at the range that where making fun of the French changed their minds about this rifle after they shot it and asked me if I knew where they could get one. It was very cool. I let anyone at the range try it that wanted to try it. The range operators had a blast and had a couple of their regular great guys that shot every day with them come try it. They all made me feal very at home and WOW I got to shot theirs too and now I really want an MP5. Thanks for reading and please post any comments, questions, answers, or info for me and everyone else. Thank you.
  6. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

My son has a HiPoint 9mm he picked up off a friend who was getting a divorce for next to nothing. He's put about 1000 rounds through it and it's never failed to feed or extract. I'm going to buy one to keep in my truck.
  7. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

I have a 9mm pistol bought used. It has a problem with not firing pretty often. Like 2 out of 10 shots the stiker doesn't hit hard enough to cause it to fire.

Other than that, its accurate and cheap. Fun toy but nothing else.
  8. Mystery7s

Mystery7s New Member

Thunderstruck507 What brand of ammo are you using?? Does it happen with all types of ammo or just one type???? I have had some weapons not respond well to different makers of ammo, and had to figure out what worked. Really did not like losing the rounds finding out either. Anyone else have similar problems???
  9. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I own one of the 40S&W carbines, cheap stock and it did not like Wolf ammo but eats everything else and is pretty accurate. A lot of folks have Hi-Points and seem to like them. Blow back opertion means a havier slide but they work.
  10. obxned

obxned New Member

Cheap, reliable, top-heavy. Hum, I do like women like that, maybe I should buy a HiPoint.
  11. Mystery7s

Mystery7s New Member

I had a problem with the Wolf ammo in my old Haskell 45. But I like the Wolf 7.62x39 in my other weapons. With the exception of having to clean the large amount red goo left by the primers. The Haskell is very heavy and likes soft primer ammo but the Beretta 40 S&W loved the Wolf and was very lite. Just not that much fun to clean. My M101 only likes fmj from any maker. I want to get one of the carbines.

What brand ammo did you like most for yours DWARREN123?
  12. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

this is with winchester white box fmj and wolf fmj and magtech i believe was the other brand

mine was used though, i know the firing pin spring is bent so a repair might take care of it, I just havent had the time or energy to waste on it since I mostly shoot my .357 mag and 1911 anyway

for $150 though, they can be loads of cheap fun and great for plinking
  13. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

Mystery7s
    Anything but wolf. mostly Rem-UMC and Winchester with some MagTec and PMC thrown in.
  14. rfawkes

rfawkes New Member

If you have a Hi Point that needs repair, call the factory, they will arrange to have it fixed free. It has a lifetime guarantee.
  15. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

I've never owned one but have heard they're great plinkers. :)
  16. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

My best friend has an older HiPoint 9mm. It's fun to shoot and pretty reliable... though his .357 is a lot more fun to shoot.

I would imagine the new ones are pretty similar to the old--cheap, but basically reliable.
  17. rfawkes

rfawkes New Member

My son in law has a 9mm compact, and I own the 9 mm carbine. They are ugly, but totally reliable, and shoot any ammo I feed it. I shoot smith and wesson, ruger, taurus, rossi, cz curios and none of them shoot any better.