New Holster

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by wingspar, Feb 2, 2010.

1. wingspar

wingspar Member

Not sure I’ve ever seen Uncle Mike’s holsters mentioned here, or not much anywhere for that matter. I do not carry, and don’t plan to. I’m a plinker. I wanted something soft that would protect the gun when I throw it in a bag to go shooting, and something to strap onto my belt while shooting. I also wanted a mag pouch, which this holster has, but it took several tries to get a mag to fit in the pouch. There is only one way a mag will fit. I didn’t think about taking a photo with the mag in the pouch, but can if there is any interest.

When I first got the holster, I hated it, but once I got the metal belt clip and super stiff straps off the holster, it is turning out to be just what I wanted, and to my surprise, the holster holds the gun well. You can not shake the gun out of the holster, well you might be able to if you grabbed the holster by the barrel end, and shook it violently.

[​IMG]
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I have several of the Uncle Mike's holsters and they are nice! I use a couple of them while out and about and while hunting as well.
    And one good thing I have noticed, they will save your blueing on a pistol very well as unlike the leather holsters. On my hunting/plinking pistols weather I have a leather holster or not, I always have a Uncle Mike's holster to use for just an occasion.
  3. wingspar

wingspar Member

I don’t think nylon holsters are all that popular, but it is just exactly what I wanted. I have a couple of leather holsters, and both guns I keep in those holsters show holster wear. That is a Glock in the photo, and the Uncle Mikes holster isn’t going to put wear marks on the Glock. I think it will serve my purpose well.

Now, I need to see if Uncle Mikes makes one of these to fit a Sig Mosquito. I just ordered one of those.
  4. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

When you can find one that actually fits your gun, Uncle Mike's are pretty nice (great for the money). But they are usually designed to fit several models, which means that they don't fit any one gun very well.
  5. kda

kda New Member

I have several Uncle Mikes also. Certainly not for my EDC (every day carry) but for purposes like you mentioned. Great bargain too.
  6. wingspar

wingspar Member

The holster came in two sizes for large frame semi-automatics.

One for large frame semi-automatic 3-3/4" to 4-1/2" barrels.

One for large frame semi-automatic 4-1/2" to 5" Barrels.

Since the barrel length of my Glock 17 is 4.49 in, I decided to go for the larger holster. Fits like a glove. Doubt I could improve it.

Yep, great for my purpose. Not for everyone tho.