New home defense weapon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rglbegl, Feb 10, 2006.

1. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

Just wanted to introduce you all to Rhett. He is 2 years old, and didnt have what it takes to make it as a police officer. So he is a schedule 1 and scent dog. SSSSOOOOOO cool. Loves kids, really really loves kids. Trained in dutch, and listens to one person. Will not accept food from anyone but Erin. (Erin is a close friend who is a single mother. ) I gotta get me one of these dogs. I went to a training day, these dogs are AWSOME. The power they have coupled with TOTAL control. This dog listens UNQUESTIONABLY to any command at any time, as long as it comes from his owner.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Rhett;

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
  2. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Totally cool..

What is schedual one and why didnt he make the cut?

Crpdeth
  4. When it comes to home security, a good dog is worth his weight in gold, and far more than any burgler alarm ever invented. Not to mention the fact that you'll never find a better nor more loyal friend.
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

He loved a kid to death?? lol :rolleyes:

What kind of a pup is that?
  6. muley

muley New Member

Nice pup......... :cool: :cool: :D :D
  7. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Sweet! :) Looks like a Mastiff. I would trust any dog with a kid before I would trust any person. Congrats on your new arrival!
  8. Carl S

Carl S New Member

Amen!
  9. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Howdy Rhett. Nice to meet ya.
  10. SixForSure

SixForSure New Member

Does it have night sights?
  11. user_error

user_error New Member

Now THAT's caliber.
  12. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

Schedule 1 is the first defensive catagory. It takes a schedule 3 to be a cop dog. Rhett didnt make the cut, cuz he is a clown. (For those who know dogs, you know Boxers are more into having fun than working ) Awsome dog though. It is hard to put into words how smart this dog is. He loves his 'pack' , but if he doesnt recognize you, there is no way you are coming through the door or into the yard. For a single mother, I think this is as good as you can get in the safety department.

For those of you looking for a good defense dog, don't just rely on the one you think will defend your house, get them trained. Rhett was in school for 2 years, then trained with Erin as his ONLY handler for over 3 months before he ever cam home with her. It is amazing when you can throw a ball, and half way there tell him to lay down. He hits the deck immediately. Then you can call him back, or tell him to continue to the ball. Being scent trained too means that if the kids are out at a friends house playing, he will lead you to the exact house to get them. How cool is that!! No more calling all the neighbors to find your kids.

I love dogs, and when they are this smart, it just makes it that much better to be around them

Beagle
  13. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Awesome dog!
  14. flopshot

flopshot New Member

sweet pup ! i see he's already picked out his best friend. is schedule 1 the American version of schutzen 1 ? i had a schutzen 3 rotty that knew what i was doing before i did. i could swear he could talk with his eyes. you can have a wonderfull relationship with that dog. good luck :)