New Hornady LNL AP

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by stev32k, Nov 21, 2012.

1. stev32k

stev32k Well-Known Member

My LNL had to go back to the factory for repair. It would not stay adjusted. They received if last Thursday the 15th. Today I received an email saying my warranty order had been shipped then listed about two pages of parts they were sending.

I called Hornady to find out what was going on and the CS rep said they were sending a new press and had just listed all the parts. In going over the list it looks I'm getting everything that comes with a new one except the powder measure. I didn't send in anything but the bare press. Didn't even send the handle so now I'll additional primer pickup tubes, primer feed tubes (both sizes), spare handle, primer slides, and more springs.

That was much faster turn around than I expected. I really didn't expect to hear anything until after Thanksgiving. Now if this one works like it should I'll be a happy camper.
  2. smlranger

smlranger New Member

Good to hear of the excellent customer support.

I've had my LNL for about one year and it has worked well with the exception of the small primer shuttle. It will intermittently not pick up a primer. I've cleaned it, lubed it, and even taken some emery paper to smooth it but it doesn't seem to want to behave. I have no similar issues with the large primer mechanism.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

let us know how it works out. glad they are taking care of you.

the larger manufacturers seem to have good customer service. ( and should... )

I emailed rcbs about a damaged screw head on my case trimmer, to buy a new one. screw head was actually cracked across the allen hole, and I was worried it would break the head out... they simple emailed back and asked for my mail address and sent me one... didn't even ask me when I bought it..e tc. ( mind you it wasn't too old.. but just saying.. etc.. )