New ISSC M22 owner (with pics)

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by sahlomonic, May 20, 2011.

1. sahlomonic

sahlomonic New Member

Picked up one of these about a week ago. My local gun shop had it listed for $280, but dropped it to $230 without even asking me. The nerve! :p I had a GSG 1911 for a few months, but I sort of grew out of my love for the 1911 pistols (at least for now), and wanted to turn my attention to Glock pistols, so the M22 seemed like a decent choice for a rimfire trainer.

Whether the M22 is believed to be a good compact Glock trainer or not is up to the individual who shoots it. For me, they look VERY similar (if you have a first run M22), but feel and shoot very different. Most notable to me, the M22 is much thinner than the Glock. Thumb shelf, checkering, grip angle, etc. are all strikingly similar to Glock. No wonder Glock filed a dress infringement lawsuit (that was later settled out of court, resulting in a Mk II M22, much like the GSG/H&K lawsuit). Having said that, I still enjoy the M22. Much like what I read about the SIG Mosquito, it it very picky about ammo, and runs best with round nose CCI Mini Mags. First trip out, shot 50 rounds of CCI and about 50 of Federal Bulk HP. Federals had a lot of jams, FTE's, and stovepipes. I was worried I made a bad gun purchase. Then shot CCI's and not one hiccup. Today fed 200 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and shot without a single problem. Whew! I hung my targets 10 yards out, and this little gun is proving to be a much more accurate shooter than the GSG 1911. A few fliers here and there, but was shredding the bullseye out to the 9 ring pretty good by the end of my session today. Fieldstripping and cleaning is much simpler than the GSG, and can be done in about a minute if you're rushing.

Now on to a few comparison pics of my ISSC M22 and a Glock 19 I rented today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the M22 targets:
    [​IMG]

One of the Glock 19 targets:
    [​IMG]
  2. ahewy

ahewy New Member

Nice buy! One of the local gun shops has this for 300. I looked at it a bit and is my 2nd favorite .22 handgun going by looks. I bought a Mosquito since id like to get a full sized sig soon and thought itd be a good trainer. But one of these might be in the future. shoots tighter than the Mosquito!