New Kimber Limited Edition Target Match...

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Tony Mig, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Picked up my new Kimber Limited Edition Target Match, I got #59 of 1,000 made, and it's a beauty.
    It's an all blued steel gun with a very light trigger, no series II safety system, target sights, and the most beautiful grips I've ever seen on any 1911.
    I also picked up 3 spare Wilson Combat 47D mags, and 500 rounds of 230Gr hardball to break her in. It's going to be a long week waiting for Saturday to come so I can fire this thing...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Nice looking pistol. Hope you can make it til Saturday.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Nice 1911 Tony.

Feed it well and often and don't forget the range report. :)
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

She's a beauty!
  5. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 New Member

real nice piece, hope it shoots as good as it looks. i know my super match does
    blackhawkkid223
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  6. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I don't know if I can man.......:confused:

I'm irritable, got the shakes, drooling, and I started wetting the bed again...... :( .......

I had a dream last night that I won the Mega-Million lottery, and spent the money building a huge state of the art, all season indoor range, and I made it open 24/7 so anybody at any time could cure themselves of this horrible condition I presently suffer from......... :eek:

N.U.G.S. New Unfired Gun Syndrom

Come On Saturday....... :D
  7. Country101

Country101 Active Member

You need to save some of that money for shells or everybody else will be shootin and you'll be stuck watchin! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  8. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Beautiful!! Enjoy Tony!
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Nice Pistol, Tony. Feed her constantly and enjoy her company! :D :D
  10. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

It's Friday, so I've got one more day of suffering before I can shoot this new Kimber....... :(

I'm getting used to the shakes, and I finally stopped vomitting, but my wife is about to throw me out of the house if I wet the bed again........ :eek:

N.U.G.S. is a terrible infliction, and if you people even care a little, you'll all do the right thing and send me boxes of .45acp ammo to aid in my recovery..... :)
  11. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I'm Cured..... :)

The first time out went very well, and all my symptoms from the N.U.G.S. has dissipated...... :D

Burned up about 40 rounds getting her sighted in, it took 14 clickes up, and 2 to the right, and now she shoots hardball dead center of an NRA B-16 25 yard slow fire target.
    I then shot 2 more targets compition style, and scored a 75 on one, and 76 on the other....(and that's not bad for me)

I continued the break-in phase by shooting at the steel plate racks, all total I put 244 rounds down range...(didn't want to push it first time out, and Kimber reccomends cleaning & lubing after the first 200 rounds)

Only 1 FTF, the only other malfunction was a total dud...(Rem-UMC)...and that was no fault of the gun. The trigger is just a little stiff, and the 3 Wilson Combat mags don't always fall out on their own, but I attribute these things to the need of further break-in time.

I'm hoping to run another 250 to 300 through it again tomorrow...(if the wife let's me)...and next Saturday it'll debut in her first Bullseye Match.

Over all, I'm very pleased with this gun, it's a far cry from the first 1911 I owned many years ago, it's a very tight, and well made sample of Kimber's pistols, and with any luck I'll be shooting it for many trouble free years to come.

Got an order coming in from Midway with the .45acp shell plate, and a set of dies for the loadmaster, plus a 1,000 200Gr. SWC Rainer copper coated bullets. I've already been scrounging .45acp brass at the range, plus all the stuff I shot today gives me a pretty good starting inventory to work with.
    2,000 + large pistol primers, and close to 10 pounds of 700-X.....I'm good to go....and hopefully I'll have some 200Gr target loads ready for the next match...... :D
  12. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Glad you're feeling better, Tony. ;) Thanks for the range report!
  13. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Tony....try backing off on all 4 grip screws, a quarter turn at a time.
  14. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Thanks Xracer....I give that a try....

Got my order from Midway today, and right after work, I set up the loadmaster with the new dies & shell plate. I rolled out 200 rounds tonight, and will probably roll out a couple hundred more tomorrow while the turkey is cooking.
    I'll be shooting this new Kimber in her first Bullseye match this Saturday, we'll see how I do with this new pistol, and these loads.....
  15. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Tony,
    Nice looking piece! I hadn't seen that model yet, I'm envious. I saw in another post of yours the fantastic price (to me) you paid for it. I am in the PRNJ as well. Also a South Jerseyan, I live up around Cherry Hill/Voorhees.
    I frequent Bob's in Glassboro, and have been up to Harry's Army/Navy. I have a pistol purchase permit on hand.... :) drool
    What gun shop do you do business with?

Rob
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  16. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

rmrdaddy....it's good to see another member from the tropical paradise of south Jersey....... :rolleyes:

I do almost all of my business with Butch's Gun World in Vineland. I live near Atlantic City, and even though Zeus Sporting Goods, and Lawman's Supply are much closer, Butch has better prices, and he's more than fair with trade-ins.
    I visited Bob's once, they have a good stock of guns, but I wasn't impressed with their prices, and they really rape you if you want to shoot at their indoor range.
    I'll go to Zeus for cleaning supplies, targets, and if I'm running short on powder, primers, or bullets and need them in a hurry I'll get them there, but they also have some high prices. Lawman's Supply isn't too bad, but they only deal in firearms & ammunition common to law enforcement, but if you're in the market for good practice ammo, they have pretty good deals on CCI Blazer, Remington-UMC, and Speer Lawmen in 9mm, 40S&W, and .45acp.
    We also have a Dicks Sporting Goods store near by, and when they put their Remington-UMC on sale, I pick up a few boxes to help replenish my brass supply. But for firearms, and bulk reloading supply purchases, I always take the drive to Vineland.
  17. Kimber Man

Kimber Man New Member

I hope you good Luck on your new Kimber................I love them myself.
  18. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Tony,
    Thanks for the info. Late to reply, haven't been on the web much lately.
    I'll have to drive down to Vineland and see what follows me home this time...;)
    I am loving the look of that new Kimber of yours, makes my Stainless
    Custom II look like a wallflower....sheesh....
  19. stash247

stash247 New Member

Tony, if you're gonna shoot a 1911 Pattern .45, you gotta expand your thinking!
    I buy coffee in (used to be) three pound cans, because it's cheaper, that way, and I use a lot.
    For exactly the same reasons, I load .45 ACP ammo, also into three pound coffee cans.
    200rds??? What ever did you do, once the gun got warm??? Bro, you are shooting a pistol you cannot live long enough, assuming you are of legal purchase age, to wear out! I own a couple, and I am level-devil serious, about trying, but the more I shoot them, the tighter the groups!
    Says, of course, something about practice, but, after 40 years with the arm, (1911, not Kimber), a lot more about the individual piece than anything else!
    Don't be bashful; step up to the plate, and hit a 4 bagger.
    Kimber is selling the best gear on the planet, by far, at their price, and, I suspect, at a lower 'defect ratio' than any.
    Get out there and really 'shoot' the pistol, break it in, and THEN give us a range report!
    That gun ain't gonna 'cook' til it has had 3-4 cases of bullets, down the pipe!
  20. sbakst

sbakst New Member

Well every one I have great news, I have trusted in your advise and my love of Kimbers and purchased a Target Match. I just got off the phone with the gun shop and it is being shipped out today. I believe it is 545/1000. Tony I am relating to that the New Unfired Gun Syndrome (NUGS). I asked them to send me the tracking number so I can pick it up the second it arrives! Thanks to everyone for all of your help, I really appricate it.

Safe Shooting,

Sean

*Tony we should get our Kimbers together for some range time!