New Knife

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Tom Militano, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

[​IMG]

Here's one I just finished. It's a copy of a Bob Engnath design. I'm not sure of his exact diminsions, but this one has an 11" blade, 440C, cocobolo handles, and a mirror polish. Total length is 16".
  2. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

That is a thing of beauty Tom. What is the overall depth of the blade? How thick is the steel? How many hours did that thing take from beginning to end? What is the guard made from? Do you hollow grind your edges? How many questions can I ask before you annoyed with me? :D:D:D
  3. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Your not annoying me. The blade is 1/4" thick, the guard and buttcap are 300 series stainless, the blade is about 1 3/4" wide. I ground the blade on a 14" wheel, but it looks flat ground in the picture. I really don't know how much time I have in the knife. I worked on it between other knives. It's probably the best mirror polish I've ever done and the last too. I hate to mirror polish. The man that ordered it wanted a mirror polish. I quit taking orders, but the man I made it for was an old customer, so I did it for him.
  4. ckill1

ckill1 New Member

Beautiful knife, Tom. I have been impressed with all the blades you have posted here. I know you said you aren't taking orders, but how does one become your next customer? I collect Randalls, Doziers, a couple Arnos, and purchase a couple from local makers at gun shows around the midwest. I would love to add one(or more!) of yours to my collection. I tend to like smaller, handier blades, but am open to anything that catches my eye. Thanks in advance!
    Chris
  5. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Wow, what a great looking blade....I like it a lot