1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

new laws in Ct

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by BETH, Mar 24, 2011.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

right now in the courts is a law they want to pass that no one is allowed to have a magazine or tube with over 10 rounds, if u do u are to turn in mag or tube to police or u will have a felony. hope it does not go thru, i am keeping fingers crossed. We have one organization that has really been fighting for us in Ct. "CCDL"
  2. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn New Member

If large capacity magazines are dangerous, then they should ban tablespoons. That will keep people like Rosie O'Donnell from getting so fat so fast.
  3. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

They want to ban our mags but the criminals can have them?
  4. K75RT

K75RT Member

Beth,
    With all due respect these are not laws, yet; this is SB 1094 a Bill to ban high capacity magazines. Yesterday, the Connecticut General Assembly - Judicial Committee heard testimony for and against this bill as proposed. If anyone here lives in Connecticut and wants to stop this bill please write your State Senator and Representative. You can find then at http://www.cga.ct.gov if anyone want to write the Judicial Committee I have a prior post that has the complete email listing of that assembly. The Judicial Committee has not made their ruling yet but the Connecticut Citizens Defense League as well as the NRA-ILA have lobbied hard against this unconstitutional bill. To find out more go to http://www.ccdl.us/ If interested, here is the link to my prior posting with email address of the Judicial Committee. http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=87788

If the Judicial Committe thinks this is a "just" bill they will send it to be voted on by the Senate and the Representatives..
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  5. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

i know it is not a law yet and i know CCDL is fighting it hard, i will do more emailing
  6. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

who is better to email
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

its just not right that they are even trying to get a law in like that
  8. K75RT

K75RT Member

Latest update From http://www.CCDL.US

At the Judiciary Committee hearing yesterday, many CCDL members and gun owners from across the State traveled to Hartford to let their voices be heard by our Legislators. The well prepared testimony by the vast majority of gun owners there to OPPOSE SB 1094, was very impressive, and fact filled. Let it be said that we should be proud of how we as gun owners were able to sacrifice personal time from our jobs and busy lives to make that concerted effort and stand up to exercise our rights.

Many showed up early to submit testimony and draw their lottery number for speaking order. Due to the large number of testifiers, many had to stay late into the night to wait their turn at the microphone. Consequently, it was a very long day for most of us, but the price of freedom is certainly worth the extra effort.

CCDL would like to thank all the members that attended, and all those that could not make it, but submitted testimony and/or contacted their representatives to voice their opinion. We also want to thank our Legislators that worked long into the night to hear from everyone that wanted to speak on these matters.

Finally, we would like to welcome our many new members that have joined in the recent days and weeks.

We are anxiously waiting to hear the outcome of yesterday’s hearing, and as soon as we are informed, we will alert our members.

If you were not able to attend or watch on CT-N, you can view the video here.

Thank You All!
    Scott Wilson
    CCDL President
  9. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

thank u CCDL
  10. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Anyone in Ct. please start emailing
  11. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

beth, I will pray for all of you. It's the best thing I can do besides supporting the NRA.
  12. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

thank u we will accept all the help we can get
  13. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

The mag ban is always the start,just hope they don't try for Canadian style gun laws.
  14. 1911 man

1911 man New Member

I also will call my legislator,To make sure this does not pass
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League looks like something that will soon be seen in just about every state in the Union. If you don't believe that, just wait and see! The CCDL operates on donations, and they need our help, right now. Membership is free, and you don't have to live in CT to be a member!
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011