New Lee Reloading items

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by RandyP, Jan 28, 2011.

1. RandyP

RandyP Member

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That is interesting, I kinda like the idea of the case trimmer, too.
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Ya, how does that bullet puller work??
  4. JohnTheCalifornian

JohnTheCalifornian Member

Looks like it only works as a "one Way" Deal. When you make the ram go down, little fingers or whatever grab the bullet, keeping it there as you pull the case away. The next full cartridge pushes the pulled bullet out into the tray, and the process repeats until you are done.
  5. gdmoody

I don't know John, it looked and sounded like the bullet popped right out into the plastic tray when the ram went down. It sure looks a lot easier and faster than the collet type and the Kenetic pullers that I use.
  6. JohnTheCalifornian

In the video, the bullet pulling die has a bullet in it when he installs it onto the press. I watched after he put the basket on there, he moved the ram up there, as soon as the cartridge went into the die, the bullet that was in there popped out. I dont know though, I may be wrong. But, I would like to know when the trimmer and the combination die will become available.
  7. gdmoody

Your right, John. I looked at it a little more closely and this time I saw the bullet sticking out of the die.
  8. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Ya i agree!! I went to the lee web cite and found nothing on it. If you find out anything let me know please.
  9. Warith

Warith Member

That trimmer and bullet puller are neet. I have the quick change press holder and it works good till you have about 100 rounds made then you have to retighten it to the bench as it works loose. The screws he tightened up that is not the plate which is attached to the table.
  10. JohnTheCalifornian

I like to have my presses bolted down dead solid, so that there is no flex when I index the ram. It bugs me to no end when the table flexes when operating the press. If those clamps for his mounting system were bolted to a metal surface, it could reduce the flex and thus the screw/bolts wont losen quite as easily. At least thats what I would want to try.
  11. dsv424

dsv424 New Member

Has anyone heard when these new tools will become available. I really would like to try out that bullet puller. I wonder if it leaves marks on the bullet like the Hornady puller. It would be nice if it was just one size that pulls calibers from .22 to .45.
  12. JohnTheCalifornian

I wasnt able to find any information on when the new tools would be available. Im surprised someone was able to find a video of them. Guess we will just have to check in on their website every so often.