NEW MEMBER HERE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chaosmonkie, Jan 5, 2005.

1. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

hey guys
    hows it going
    im 22 years old and i go to college
    i went hunting once with my uncle who is a very experienced hunter and ive been to a shooting range a couple of times before
    i dont own my own gun
    im getting into this sport and i hope to have fun here
    by the way...
    some people at my school hate me because they say i went hunting
    they say stuff like:
    "why do you kill those poor animals?"
    "cant you just leave those animals alone?"
    "you disgust me... you hunter!"
    does anyone know how to deal with this stuff?
    i cant persuade these people
  2. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Just tell them if God didn't want you to eat them, he wouldn't have made them out of meat. :D Welcome to the forums monkie!
  3. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

by the way...
    im planning on buying my own gun in a couple of months
    and my uncle is sleeping right now so he will get mad if i call him
    so ill ask here
    i know that you have to have a ccw permit to carry a gun around but do you need some license or permit to own a gun?
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Welcome to the forums.

Most people have sense enough to know that you have to kill to eat, and then there are those who are just looking for something to whine about...Fortunately I dont have to deal with many of those uppity type in my neck of the woods.

I did have one conversation with a guy who was against "all killing" no matter what and didn't mind voicing it, so I asked about his Mercedes Benz, "Mercedes manufactures cars with leather seats" I said, "well mine dosen't have leather" he spouted back, then he carried on about imitation leather for a while, so I asked, dosen't Mercedes manufacture most of its viehicles with real leather seats though? "Yes", "then you are supporting a company who no doubt pays for the slaughter of animals just for their hide" I said, (who really knows, right?) Anyway, he became really defensive and upset so the conversation tapered off real quickly, but the truth of the matter is I could have used many different examples because of the plain fact that animals were put on this earth for meat, bottom line and the real truth of the matter is, if the tree huggers dont like it they can go cry themselves to sleep, hunting has been going on for thousands of years and it will continue to do so regardless of how much whining they do about it.

Sorry 'bout their bad luck. :D

Crpdeth
  5. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

wow
    thats good
    i should tell them that too
    but none of them drives mercedes
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Welcome, chaosmonkie!!

You probably won't be able to have any kind of logical argument with the anti-hunters. Their mind is already made up without even listening to the facts. :rolleyes: You could point out that hunting helps prevent overpopulation of animals, who would then die of starvation and disease. You could point out how much hunters support the environment, both through license fees and by charitable giving to organizations such as Ducks Unlimited, etc. You could ask them if they eat hamburgers, wear leather shoes, etc.

The answer to your question about needing a license to own a gun depends on which state you live in. Here in MS, I can walk into a gun shop and walk out with a gun within 15 minutes. Njretcop will tell you what a nightmare it is to try to buy a gun in NJ. :eek: If you don't mind telling us which state you live in, some of our members that live in your state could tell you what your state's laws are.
  7. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

i live in california
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Uh oh! :eek:

Kidding aside, I understand that CA laws are fairly strict, and that a lot of guns are illegal to own in CA that might not be illegal to own in some of the more reasonable states. Someone who knows more about CA laws than I will probably be along to give you more information.
  9. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Actually, using my arguement would have worked regardless what they drive, most automobile manufacturers do have a line of automobiles with leather interior.

Really sorry to hear that....

Crpdeth
  10. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

chaosmonkie,
    Welcome to TFF.
    Pull up a stump and set a while.

Are the people that are giving you a hard time COMPLETE 100% vegetarians? Do they, or have they ever, ate ANY meat? Beef, fish, fowl, poultry, bacon, etc. Do they use/wear ANY leather? Shoes, wallets, belts, coats, vests, jackets, watch band, etc. If they eat or use any of these products, they are not taking on the responsibility that goes along with “acquiring” these items. They want the convenience of said items, but do not want any part of what it really takes, to put them on the table, or in the closet. They want to "pay" for some one else to do their “dirty” work for them.

Hunters have a responsibility that they accept, when they buy their hunting/fishing license. The number of predatory animals has diminished to the point where if the hunters did not take game, most game would over populate their habitat, and starve to death. Which is better, eating the meat, nourishing our families, as well as saving money at the store, along with using the hide(s), or watching the “starved to death carcasses” rot in the field? The hunters have an important role to play in “game management” of herds, flocks, fish, etc. and are willing to do the “dirty“ work to get the job done.
  11. chaosmonkie

chaosmonkie New Member

hmm thats sounds good
    maybe that will work

so can that lives in california help me?
  12. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

SoMo,
    Looks like I should quit goofing off and type faster. You beat me to it. With multiple windows open, in different forums, it takes some time to get back to any one post. :eek: ;) :D

Can't help you with the Ca. thing, they have weird gun laws there.
    Someone should be along to help though.
  13. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Welcome to the forum and I will pray that you get out of that state as soon as possible :D ;)
    P Please
    E Eat
    T Tamed
    A Animals
    so where is your pet I normal like my kittens first and save the puppy for the main course! :eek: ;)
    That is the only response I give to anti-hunters and I do not eat kittens or puppies! well not often :D ;)
  14. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D welcome to the board chaosmonkie! :D

anti hunters already have their minds made up. i had 1 tell me 1 time that deer should have an equal advantage by owning rifles too. :rolleyes: they went on to tell me that if deer & other wildlife STARVED TO DEATH, that at least it was NATURAL. :rolleyes: unless i am really in the mood to toy w/ someone like this, i just give 1 standard response & that is:

i LOVE animals! they're DELICIOUS! :D :rolleyes: shuts them up every time. :D well, usually, unless they are in the mood to start w/ me & if that is the case ~ i'll list all of the above suggestions & more. :D
  15. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

To hunt in Cali you are going to need one of these
    Mine is a bit out of date

Attached Files:

• hunt.JPG
      hunt.JPG
      File size:
      15.6 KB
      Views: