new member/marlin model 81dl problems

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by fastbluetruck, Feb 3, 2011.

1. fastbluetruck

fastbluetruck New Member

hi folks' yes it's another one of them new guys. LOL anyway love shooting my dads old marlin model 81 dl. i am having some problems with it and hope that one or more of you might be able to help me get this old guy working right again.
    one of the frist things i need is a inner magazine tube for it since my dad told me he lost it sometime in the last century. i did try numrichs but, they sent me the wrong length inner tube too. i seem to be collecting a nice collection of inner magazine tubes. LOL but not really.
    the other problem i am having is that it will not feed properly, but with out the proper inner tube i am probably blowing smoke by trying to adjust anything else frist.
    i did notice that there is someone posting here going by BIG SHREK who seems to know alot about Marlins so i hope you get to read this. charlie
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF Charlie. I really have no answers as to your Marlin, but I'm sure someone will get with ya on that soon.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

The only thing I can suggest as of now is get the same length outer mag tube also. Its another 18 bucks but the shortest mag tube I'm aware of is 21 3/4. If yours is shorter its possible it was cut down and hence the feed problem. I've seen them cut before for reasons unknown but people don't realize that the end of the tube (receiver side) is slightly beveled. Get that squared away first then see what cha got.
  4. fastbluetruck

fastbluetruck New Member

why would you move this post out of the .22 rimfire forum since it is a .22 and it was posted in that forum
  5. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Hi & welcome to the forum Fastbluetruck.
    I didn't move your post but this is where the gunsmiths hang out out & you're much more likely to get expert advise here.
  6. fastbluetruck

fastbluetruck New Member

ok cool i really would like to get it to feed right. it is alot of fun to shoot but loading it single shot is a real pain in the rearend or should i say the thumb. it is a very accurate shooting .22 with either the high velocity rounds or the sub sonics that i have shot thur it. helix i did measure it when i ordered the inner tube from numrichs but i have since forgotten how long the outer rube is but will remeasure it tonite. i know that there is no real value to this old rifle except yhat it was my dads and it still shots. i have had to clean it up alot but like i said i like it and just want it to work right. thanks charlie
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

8. fastbluetruck

fastbluetruck New Member

thanks shooter 45 looks very interesting for sure