New Member values your forum

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by robtth, Nov 1, 2012.

1. robtth

robtth New Member

Hi folks I am impressed with your forum and pleased to join. I like machinery and have some WWI and WWII rifles, russian rifles a mosin and russian auto hunting rifle based on the ak47 some older Winchester pumps a 97 and several model 12's and a few hand guns. I am a senior member of the 39-47 Dodge truck restoration group on yahoo which is something some of you might also enjoy.

I am a liberal sorry guys you might get a double check from me occasionally but I have also worked selflessly for half of my career for the bennifit of the rest of us and I belive that good goverment is our most important buisness. Anyway in the spirit of working with others as Americans who can appreciate what makes us a great country we can have and create these kinds of sites because we are protected and can share our rights to free speech.

This is a great site thanks for letting me in to share with you. Bob Harrison
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF, hope to see you around. mjp
  3. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

:( I think your on the wrong forum. Good luck with that on here.
  4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

You might not want to say the word 'liberal' too much around here but welcome. You will find a wealth of help and info about firearms.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'm not too impressed with labels. I'm more impressed with actions. You know, lever, bolt, pump, single, double, etc. :D

You can be as liberal as you feel is right, so long as you don't ask me to pay for your ammo. ;)

Pops
  6. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Member

Welcome aboard, Bob...
  7. Rockyja

Rockyja Former Guest

Living in Burnsville, MN, a Transplant from Los An
    Welcome to the forum. You'll meet a lot of nice guys here that know their guns, and are always willing to give you advice. Me? I'm still trying to figure out what end of a gun to point. :D:D:D

Again, welcome.
  8. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the WELCOME!!

Rockyja..I keep telling you its the small end you point AWAY from you!!:eek:
  9. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Bob you may want to stay off the political discussions on the forum as they are very conservative here. Good luck.
  10. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

welcome from wv.
    just dont try to CHANGE our views
  11. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

A liberal double check on a deeply conservative gun forum? Its probably best you stick to the subject of guns and not politics.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  12. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

:yeahthat: But welcome just the same. I don't mean to sound negative, but..........
  13. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

But welcome. great people and honest advice here. Enjoy.
  14. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

If you are a "liberal" who defines good govt as one who does not violate our constitution then ok fine. If you are a "hollywood liberal" well do not get into any political discussions.

I worked for the Sec Army and Sec Def for 6 years as a civil servant GS 11 I am NOT impressed with the waste and the "protect my own turf" attitudes of the SES political appointees from BOTH parties. I also served 9 and half years in the USN and US Army as a volunteer.

As a former military man i believe government should NOT engage is wars that waste ground troops when spec ops.WMDs or massive amounts of air and naval power could be used. I do NOT believe we have the right to spread democracy (however you define it) to the rest of the world especially to centuries old theoacracies (like afganistan)who do not and will not ever understand the concept. We have enough of problem maintaining a republic in THIS country. If you ar my countries PROVEN enemy I will destroy you even to the bibical third generation and leave your country a wasteland.

I do not believe in the Marxian concept of taking from the have and giving to the have not. I DO believe in giving the have nots real workfare and technical schooling that results in viable jobs. And those who REALLY want an academic education in the sciences a chance for it (our military academies are a good example). I believe in govt welfare programs like Roosevelts CCC work programs NOT 8a contractors to enhance our state and national parks and similar program to repair our sagging transportation infastructure.

I beleive in judges who give our ghetto youth an option the marines or jail instead of just jail. If anyone can "rehabillitate" the poor upbring they got from their drug addicted enviroment, the Marines can.

I believe in finding out what herbs of the land can be used for and in what doses to asssit in the growth or maintaining of health.
    I beleive in a tax code that has NOTHING to do with social engineering but is a graduated FLAT tax.
    I believe in Federal contracting that has NOTHING to do with social engineering but attepts to get the biggest "bang" for the buck.
    I do not believe in a one world government and therfore do not believe in foreign aid except things like the peace corps which puts manpower with technical knowledge to improve overseas living conditions,

I vote for the person I decide will do the best job relative to my world out look NOT by political party.

Just saying;)
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  15. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

with the welcome he recieved, :eek: i doubt we will hear much from him:eek::D
    i will say some things are better off not mentioned;)