New Member values your forum

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by robtth, Nov 1, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A double check? This is a great country and you are right. It enables people to create great sights like this which is why the people that become members should not be double checked. The double checking comes from the owner, not a member. The only right a member has here is to leave, an nothing else.

I guess I draw a line between me and the liberal view point.
  2. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

Just remember the line "You didn't build that"......
  3. m77user

m77user Active Member

Welcome fairly new here. Lots of good info and some really entertaining posts. Great place to learn from many with much knowledge and eagerness to help.
  4. robtth

robtth New Member

Thanks for all of your welcomes There were some thouhtful responces. I especially appreciated the reply from the Veteran from N.C.

I have a gun question? I have a large frame like a trooper model SS S&W 38 Specal 5 inch barrel. I'd like to understand the differece between this gun and say a 357. Somone told me this gun could also shoot the 357 shell? I'd like to know the differences between these projectiles as they might relate to this gun. Then maybe the discussion about custom loads but inorder to appreciate the custom loads I'd like to understand the difference between the two types first so I can get grounded in that. Thanks Bob
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

you can shoot .38 Special cartridges in a .357 Magnum revolver. You can NOT however, shoot .357 magnums safely in a .38 Special revolver

Attached Files:

6. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Actually, it is impossible to shoot a .357 in a .38. It just won't work.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

dunno how but someone had a dude blow two fingers off doing just that in the stall next to him at a range somewhere in the US a couple years ago

pic's and all on another forum , i think it was guns .. but not sure

i cant figure how ..
  8. marlin795

marlin795 New Member

Calvary Chapel Conference Center; Murrieta,CA
    Welcome, as long as you don't mention that liberal stuff you should be ok. Were gun toting, freedom loving American's here.
  9. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

In addition to what Jack posted above. You can NOT shoot .38 special +p rounds in older .38 special revolvers that were not designed to handle the extra pressure of a +p round.

They will fit and they will fire in that pistol but expect to have the pistol shooting metal into your hands and face - side effect - you won't have a pistol to shoot anymore.
  10. robtth

robtth New Member

WOW I had no idea there was such a big difference in the power those two similiar dia shells carried. Do I understand the 38 would fire the 357 shells? The only issue is if the gun can handle the power? I wish I knew which modlel my 38 is. It is the large frame like trooper guns and stainless I would think it would be a pretty stout firearm. Any thoughts on the use of my gun specifically with these 357 shells? As far as markings on the gun the barrel says 38 S&W special CTG. I dont see a model number although the serial number starts with 7D Thanks Bob
  11. robtth

robtth New Member

Just noticed several more posts maybe they just came in or I am now figuring out the site so it seems my question was ansered. How can I post a picture of this gun so I can get a model number for it? thanks Bob
  12. Rogeritall

Rogeritall Member

In plain and simple language NEVER EVER ATTEMPT TO SHOOT .357 Magnum ammunition in ANY FIREARM that was not designed to shoot it, and marked as such on the firearm. If it says .38 S&W special on the barrel it will not shoot .357 Magnum, so don't try it... EVEN IF BY SOME RARE FLUKE it fits in the chamber, you are just asking for a problem or injury. Until you learn more about firearms stick only to what is marked on the firearm. Any firearm... Just a friendly bit of advice. :)
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

just thought this post should be repeated. ;)
  14. rhmc24

rhmc24 Member

Wonder what a liberal gun-person will think about his 'good gov't' when the new Supreme Court members throw the 2nd out the window.

What will the rest of us think?
  15. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

Hey.. we all have our own quirks.. Me??? its ADD..and.. Squirrel!... these guys dont give me too.. I get it Bolt, lever, Pump :lmao2: much trouble.. we all get along fine! All aboard... Toot Toot! oh wait.. welcome aboard!
    Shawn
  16. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Welcome, this is a great site.

As far as the "Liberal" statement, to each their own.... but I personally think Liberals and their thought processes are the main thing that is wrong with the US.
  17. steve99f

steve99f New Member

robtth,

Sounds like an investment in a reloading book would be money well spent. The Lyman book is very comprehensive for the money. These books are worth reading several times. They are reference books for reloaders. Anything you would want to know about ammunition you will most likely find there. It will shorten your learning curve. Most reloaders have several books and use online resources.