New Member with a Ruger MK question

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jeveretts, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

prof_fate,
    Yup, yours is an A100 framed MkI then.

I kinda remember seeing the ads for those aftermarket "hold-open" mags in the gun rags back when I was in grade school (in the preMkII days). The follower was extended farther above the feed lips after the last round was fed and it popped up in front of the bolt to keep it from going back home. I could never figure them out since I don't think you'd be able to drop the mag without pulling the bolt back and locking it with the safety so the bolt wasn't pushing on the follower.
    Don't remember who made them though and I have never seen any in person.
    Kinda like the cheap RamLine plastic mags, it just looked like a gimmick to me.
  2. jeveretts

jeveretts New Member

I am in Florida, and private sales a completely unrestricted. That being said, I would just as soon get a new one at this point. I would probably rather the bolt stay open after the last shot.
  3. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

Freaking government. They would never consider restricting buying a newspaper but guns are just as protected by the constitution. I would NEVER give my personal info to a stranger. They could have your credit ruined the same day you gave it to them. They could take out a loan (in your name) on an RV and drive off into the sunset never to be seen again. I don't like having to go through a FFL holder either. What happens when they put extreme restrictions on who can get an FFL? They already put a lot of restrictions on people who want them.

I guess the constitution is just too complicated for them to read. "Not be infringed" means they can't limit you in any way. Making you go through an FFL is an abridgement if I ever saw one.

in·fringe
       [in-frinj] Show IPA verb, -fringed, -fring·ing.
    verb (used with object)
    to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress: to infringe a copyright; to infringe a rule.

Does anyone think they aren't infringing on your right to keep and bear arms by these laws requiring you get permission from the government to buy a gun?