new member with new toy

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by topcat65, Aug 5, 2010.

1. topcat65

topcat65 New Member

Hello, just joined the forum. mainly because of this gun i purchased from a local pawn shop. On the octagon barrel it says "American Bull Bog" under the grips it has a number (9334). About 90+ percent of the nickle is still on the gun and the grips look like the haven't been handled very much. It has a 2 1/2 inch barrel and is chambered in .38 s&w. Only problem it has a broken trigger return spring. I will post pics soon. :)
  2. coreyacp

coreyacp New Member

We love pictures lol :)
  3. AaronN322

AaronN322 Member

Welcome to the forums!
  4. wpage

wpage Active Member

Welcome, Pics would be everything...
  5. topcat65

topcat65 New Member

here are 3 pics, sorry from my cell phone. Any info on this gun would be nice, value and such. will try to get better pics later. Thank you for the welcome.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  6. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    American Bulldog: Trade name used by the Iver Johnson Arms and Cycle Works on inexpensive pocket revolvers.

Unless it actually says:
    American Bulldog Revolver: Trade name used by Harrington and Richardson Arms Company on an inexpensive pocket revolver.
  7. Jim K

Jim K New Member

That is an H&R. Note the common word in Mtnboomer's post - "inexpensive." Those guns sold around 1900 for $3-5 and while moderately well made were never top line guns. Today there is some collector interest but the guns were made in large quantities and only examples that are in near-new condition bring much money. If that finish is the original nickel, and the gun is fully functional, yours would be worth around $150 retail to the right buyer. The caliber is .38 S&W (not .38 Special).

Jim
  8. topcat65

topcat65 New Member

thanks for all the replies. :D