1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Gene P, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Gene P

Gene P New Member

I'm new to this forum, but not new to 22's. My first rifle was a Remington 514 50+ yrs ago !!!

I bought a Savage MK II a couple years ago (it's one of those Wally World specials ) and hadn't shot it much until today. Boy, it shoots good. I bought some of those 550 boxes of Remington Goldens and shot a couple hundred rds thru it then. No problems with misfires until today, had four almost back to back. Had a couple oversize bullets that were hard to seat ???

What's a good cheap scope to put on this gun ???

Thanks,
    Gene P
  2. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

The 4-16x Centerpoint scope from Walmart is a nice scope for the price. I got my MK II BTVS a couple of years ago - it shoots much better than I do ;)
  3. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TFF first off. If yout having problems with the Remington ammo,
    you might switch to a different brand of ammo and see if that's the problem.
    As said above, the center point scopes are a decent scope for the price, along side the Bushnell scopes that they sell there as well, the 4-16x40 at about the same price. Also, Natchezes has some of the BSA scopes on sale right now at a real good price and they are some really decent scopes!
  4. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

5. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Welcome ya got a nice rifle, keep the lead flying:)
  6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome Gene. A lot of folks knock the Tasco scopes but I have had good luck with them. I have a Tasco Golden Antler, 3-9 x 32mm Air Rifle Scope Model GA3932AGD mounted on my Marlin 60 and I really like that scope. It has an adjustable objective to handle the paralax at the rimfire ranges. I would get another if the need arose. It cost less than $50.00.

I also have a BSA Sweet 22 6-18 x 40 AO Target Scope mounted on my bull barrel Ruger 10/22. It has different elevation turrets for 36, 38, & 40 grain bullets. At first I thought they were sort of a gimmick but after playing with them for a while I like the feature. You can zero at 50 yards and when you move to 75 yards just set the elevation turret on 75 and bingo a hit. Same goes for 100 yards. I changed to standard velocity ammo and had to go with setting the scope at 80 yards and 105 yards but the system still works. I am developing a card for the different ammo settings. It too was on sale at Natchez back when I got it for less than $50.00.

You may gather that I am sort a cheap skate. :D

Another of the Old Guys had a BSA Sweet 22 but it is a 3-9 x 40 with the same turret system. He is well pleased with it. Also less than $50.00
  7. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Welcome to the Forum.
  8. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Welcome to The Firearms Forum.
  9. pops42

pops42 New Member

high up on the blue ridge mountains of Va.
    welcome,you got a gooden there,i have had mine for awhile now and like it alot ,i had a simmoms, blazer 4x32 on it and liked it ,for the money it is a good scope it was around 35$ if my memory is right ,but i have a bushnell on it now
  10. Fast Forward

Fast Forward Member

11. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

The 4-16x Centerpoint scope from Walmart is a nice scope for the price. I got my MK II BTVS a couple of years ago - it shoots much better than I do ;)