Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Canvasman, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Canvasman

Canvasman New Member

Aug 22, 2011

2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    Welcome Canvasman. I compiled your threads and moved the cohesive here to Ask the Pros forum. I feel you will get the best answers here.

Nice colt BTW.

3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 Active Member

Nov 28, 2010
  4. Danny

Danny Member

Oct 8, 2005
    West Va
    What you have is super nice, indeed. To the right Colt collector I would value your outfit around 3500 or even more. What do ya say, Shooter?
    Regards

Danny

5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I doubt he would get anywhere near $3500, with the papers and box, even if it is original. IMHO it has been restored.

Jim

6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Jim , what makes you think its been restored ?

7. Canvasman

Canvasman New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Thanks for the the help. I guess I will have to check out the what it's worth forum to here from the experts. I don't agree with the restored comment that gun hasn't been out of the box since it was new. That's my guess. It was given to to me by a friend of the family who pasted several years ago. He was a WWII marine vet.

8. Canvasman

Canvasman New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Jim, what does IMHO mean?

9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    In My Humble Opinion ;)

Canvasman its a nice piece , value ? lots , $3500 ?? i cant say , what ever the market can bare ... but i'm doubting refinish , but still asking why ..

10. Canvasman

Canvasman New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Jim, an eye for an eye is the old testament. Jesus said to turn the other cheek ( if your a Christian that is ) HOWEVER, if he's got a gun or is hurt'in your family shoot um.

11. Canvasman

Canvasman New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Just saw your post Jim. Thanks for the info. I hope to make some new friends here.

12. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    North Florida
    Please tell me what this comment has to do with this thread? I need to know so I can decide wheather or not to delete it. Thanks.

13. Canvasman

Canvasman New Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Danny, I am just about to freak out about your opinion of this piece. Thanks for the info I am sure of its original condition. Since I am new to this site I don't who the experts are. But you have my vote Mr. Senior member sir. Now I have to decide if I want to part with the little beauty. I have a whole new respect for it now.

14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I think it's directed at my signature

a few lines from a song i like

and thats ok i turn the cheek often , been slapped often

but the Good Book also ( new testiment ) shows that evil must be fought

as in if you have no sword take your purse ( wallet ) and buy one

if you have no purse, then sell your clothes , ( go naked if you have to but be armed )

Welcome to the forum ( sorry i normally start with that , but i've been remiss , sorry )

cheers