1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New model from Savage

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by twobit, Oct 10, 2012.

1. twobit

twobit Active Member

I clicked on one of the advertising banners at the top of the forum....Savage has brought back the combo gun!

Called the model 42, it is a double barreled rifle/shotgun combo with the bottom being a .410 and the top either a 22LR or 22 MAG. I always wanted a combo gun. Now I might have to buy one.
    Maybe soon they will make a 22 mag / 20 ga. combo.
  2. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I wish savage would make a double barreled .308 and 10 gauge
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm glad they brought back the combo gun. I have got to have one! Do a cammo paint job on it, and I think it would be a lot more pleasent to the eye!http://gunblast.com/Savage-42.htm
    Jeff Quinn says: "As far as I can tell, the 410 barrel has no choke constriction, and it is not threaded to accept choke tubes".
    Able's is selling them for $410 + S&H
  4. Albtraum

Albtraum Well-Known Member

Ugly, but it should definitely appeal to the younger crowd
  5. Rogeritall

Rogeritall Member

A buddy of mine had a Savage 24-S in .22 LR and 20 Gauge shotgun. Very nice combo for squirrel and rabbit hunting. Or, for that matter just about whatever you wanted. I hope they would bring that combo back. I like the 20 gauge far better then the .410... .22 mag, or even .17 Hornet would make a good upper barrel as well, I think.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012