New old guy with a question?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grandpa Shooter, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Grandpa Shooter

Grandpa Shooter New Member

I just found this place by accident. I have been on 3 different boards and have run into the same thing every time.

Question is: How are the mods on here? Are they doing the limited job they were asked to do, or have some of them deemed themselves as demi-gods and throw their weight around?

Don't give me names of mods you personally have a problem with. I am just asking a general question before I get too deep into this board.
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Grandpa I think you have stumbled into the best firearms forum there is. The Mods here are the best. I have never had a problem. They do what is necessary to keep this forum family friendly but they are not prudes. They discourage personal disputes and disrespect of others and their opinions. They and all the others on this forum are very tolerant and helpful of new comers to the gun sports/hobby. I have seen members here answer the same question numerous times with out any nasty comment. This is a great and enjoyable place and the golden rule sort of applies to behavior here. I think you will like it, I know I do, and have learned much.
  3. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Welcome Grandpa Shooter!! This is the best forum by far on the entire web! You wont find a more knowledgeable bunch of people ranging in age from young to older.

The Mods here are great and dont seem to push their weight around unless needed.

Please stick around and you will see for yourself. TFF can be a great second home!
  4. gcalloway

gcalloway New Member

Welcome, I personally have never been censored. We have good discussions here and mostly I have found that if I do not lkike the topic I stay out of it. I have never see a mod pull something.
  5. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

I agree, welcome aboard. mjp
  6. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

I think you'll find this is the site you've been looking for. Unless you yourself seek to test the good nature of mods and members, then I think you'll be pleased to find that all are treated respectfuly as equals. Give it a go GS. and welcome!
    Terry
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Welcome GrandpaShooter. You have certainly come to the best forum for firearms that there is on the world wide web. We have without a doubt, the BESTEST mods you'll ever find. They're fair and just. you go outside the parameters of the rules and you may get your hand slapped but I can't say i know of one since I've been on board. We're a fun lovin family type group here so if that's what you're looking for... you found it.
  8. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

I've only been called down one time, but I don't think that is to bad, especially since my wife calls me down everyday.:D It is a good forum,and the mods do a great job. :thumbsup:
  9. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Active Member

As long as you don't name call you will be fine, no matter how fitting the name is. I got a "point" on my account for calling someone a wackadoo when they suggested Obama was the reason there is spam email.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  10. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, from one newbie grandpaw to another. I enjoy this forum entirely too much. It's a place to get together with friends you have never met and chat about whatever's on your mind, including guns. As far as firearms are concerned, there is a lot of knowledge and experience in this forum. In some ways it's like a family here. The mods work hard behind the scenes to monitor the posts to make sure it stays a great place to come and chat.
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I think it's pretty well stated already, this site is well run and my thinking on the site mods attitudes is this : We're all "family" and here for the same purpose. So keep it clean enough for the whole family to enjoy and keep it purposeful. Treat other members with the same compassion and try to be understanding; if you have an issue with a member, try to work it out "off the public viewing boards", ie - via pm or thru the mods. We don't need and rarely have pissing contests, if we do, it's quickly ended.

I have been across many many forums and there is a reason that I'm only on two. I'm here well over 90% of the time because this is THE Best gun forum around due to it's demeanor and family friendly nature. You won't find a smut forum here, you won't find a dirty joke area; you'll find guns, good folks and great times.
  12. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I found these mods here to be more easy going, friendlier, and less strict than other forums. These other popular forums are pathetic but I cannot give out names because I was told not to but yes this has to be the best gun forum on the net as far as Ive seen. The people here just cant be beat as far as being friendly,helpful and just flat out easy going. Ive seen some funny stuff too as well :D Oh yeah, your threads get commented on super fast unlike other forums. Have a good time on here ( i know you will ) :)
  13. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

as long as you are respectful of others they will have no problem with you. no cursing or vulgarity, since it is a family site. thats about it.
  14. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Grandpa come on and join us u will love it here and the mods are great
  15. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    *^$$^**$#@*&) ^$#)(&@!$^&*) is Not Tolarated!

Welcome!
  16. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I have an infraction on file here.

Shortly after joining, I came across a thread having to do with our military members. I had an Uncle that survived the Bataan Death March, and this 'supposed' 20 year Submariner took it upon himself to start dissing my Uncle.
    That don't fly in my house, so I let him have it with both barrels. I knew full well the consequences, but I had to do it. Nobody disses Uncle Don. NOBODY.:mad:
    I got the infraction, and the other guy got banned. The mod was very understanding, but he had a job to do. I respect that.

I also got slapped for calling Harry Reid an ignorant slut (well he is), but that one was reversed.

The mods here are 2nd to none if ya do yer part.

Keep the cussing to a very low level.
    No flaming other members regardless of whether you agree with them or not. I've seen time and time again where the mods give folks enough rope to hang themselves. They usually do.

I've seen many posts removed, and many members banned. All for good reasons.
    If ya wanna come here and talk smack about 1911's, yer welcome. If ya wanna try to defend terrorism, not so much.

You'll not find a more eclectic nor knowledgeable group anywhere.

In a nutshell...
    We have created a family here. TFF is unlike any other firearm forum you may have been exposed to. It's like getting together for the holidays. We all have differing views, and we quible over them at times. If ya get belligerent, someone Will show you the door.

Have ya ever seen another firearm related forum that has a spiritual/religious sub-forum? Now ya have. It's a testament to the quality of the members we have.
    I've yet to see a question go unanswered regardless of the content. Some may take a while, but you will get an answer.

Welcome to The Firearms Forum. :)

Sorry fer being long winded. :eek:
  17. Diamondback

Diamondback Active Member

Welcome Grandpa. Like Wooleyworm I am only on 2 gun forums and I like both equally. I don't recall if I have been slapped yet but then like everyone else I try to treat others like I wish to treated. I sometimes simply refuse to respond to a post if I can't be civil. You will enjoy the cameraderie here. I don't know if we have any geniuses herebut there is well over 1000 yrs of experience available to he who asks. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
  18. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

well unless you are grandpa Soetoro or Obama and feel our constitution needs to be "molded and changed" or feel that guns are a problem, you should do fine here. Even if you feel criminals need more protection and cops are way out of line, if you express your views and explain why you feel that way, you may do fine. But if you start any threads saying Glocks are no good and 9mm is better than any other round you should brace yourself! :D:D:D
    I have found this site to be the best on the web. enjoy....
    :)
  19. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Can I welcome you to The Firearms Forum, or is that throwing my weight around? LOL

Try it, you might like it.
  20. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

No, no, no, no!!
    Try it 'cause you WILL like it.

And these Mods are the very best!