New permit holder shopping for first gun!! Help!!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tierra14, Apr 2, 2010.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum i like the Walther P22 its a neat gun and easy to handle for a women fits like a glove and i have small hands also. Let us know what u decide on
  2. cluznar

cluznar Former Guest

S&W Sigma 9mm is not a Great choice.

Bersa Thunder .380 or a Ruger SR9c are guns you should look at.

Also look at the Walther .32 acp guns
  3. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Not to nit pick but its been 2 years, I would hope by now she's made her choice.
  4. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Yeah, really.

He's running around through old forum posts and posting virtually the same thing over and over. Don't know what the heck he's doing.
  5. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

trying to get his post count up?
  6. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Roflol!!!!! Two years? She might own a gun shop by now!
  7. xpebrian@gmail.com

xpebrian@gmail.com New Member

i personaly like the smith&wesson lady smith 38 revolver it was compact fit in my hand well and was easy to use but i would look at pistals made for the female shooter if pistal are what you like
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

ammo for .22 much cheaper
  9. Airdale

Airdale Member

Tierra,

My wife just obtained her permit. She had a Lady Smith from the beginning but I thought a semi auto with more rounds would be better. After trying three different pistols ( SA EMP, Ruger SR9C and a SA XDSC all in 9MM) she ended up carrying the Lady Smith .38 special revolver. She just felt more comfortable with it. I think her's is one of the first S&W made but it is made to fit small hands. Her CC instructor also thought it was the best choice. She qualified with XDSC and the Lady Smith.
  10. jce07a

jce07a New Member

i am personally a fan of Glock, my girlfriend loves my glocks too. however, keltec has some nifty little slimline pistols. the P3AT is a .380 and they have the PF9 which is a 9mm. ive played with the pf9 and it will let you know that you pulled the trigger. i like the look and feel of the p3at and may pick one up just because i can get one from CDNN for $210. but thats gonna be after i finish my glock purchases
  11. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

another vote for ruger sr9c Randy
  12. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Bump up for any new gun owners or shoppers.
  13. bigdad5

bigdad5 New Member

ZFK 55 there is no state wide requirement to show or shoot a firearm in NYS that is correct. Some countys require a safety class but that is all and no shooting in a safety class either. We have a catch 22 cant own a firearm ( short gun ) in NYS with out your self being registered. Some counties require a safety class as i said, but no shooting in that one either because we as pistol permit holders can not lend a sidearm to an unlicenced person even if we are right there with them. Also one more fact you cant rent a gun to shoot at an indoor range with out first being a pistol permit holder. 33 year NYS Pistol permit holder 30 instructor hunter ed instructor , 10 year NRA certified basic pistol instructor and 20 year instructor NYS Archery . I am suspossed to understand and know what i am talking about.

bigdad5