1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

New Polish P-64, 9mak!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by mo jenkins, Dec 16, 2004.

1. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

Hey everybody,
    It's been a while. The place sure looks different. Hope everybody's still doin' alright....
    I picked up a sort of a Walther-ee clone yesterday at my favorite shop. It's a Polish P-64 in 9mak. They have a range right out in back of the place so I took it out there. Burned through a box of ammo and walked back into the shop and put another on lay-away...... I love the thing, can't find anything to complain about, especially the price, I'm paying $165 out the door with a spare mag. Pretty potent little package.
    Anybody else have any experience or knowledge, please share it... Or any questions for me if you have any interest.

Your buddy,
    Mo
  2. offeror

offeror New Member

A stash of these has turned up very recently and I thought they were interesting too, sort of a cross between the usual Mak and a PPK. Glad to hear they shoot well. They are a bargain -- wish they were C&Rs.
  3. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Going to a gun show tomorrow...tell me more about the 9 Mak. I've been looking for a Mak, and only thought they came in 9x18.

John
  4. mo jenkins

mo jenkins Member

Nice to meet you savage,
    Actually the Russian Makarov design is not only available in 9x18(makarov) but also in 9x17(.380). The gun that I picked up is a walther clone thats pretty much a walther PP in design. It's got a heel type mag release and is chambered in 9x18. It was made in Poland and looks to be of excellent quality, shoots as good as it looks.... I'd say that the quality of manufacture appears to be equal to some pretty high grade commercial stuff, although the double action trigger leaves something to be desired. I've got to go now, It's my birthday today and the kid's are waking up now. this should be fun.....

See Ya!
  5. Salvage33

Salvage33 New Member

Shreveport, LA why leave the USA to visit a 3rd wo
    Thanks for the info...will have to check my favorite gun shop to see if they have one, then on to the gunshow.

Happy Birthday....

John
  6. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

I shoot a bulgarian mak. LOVE IT. So reliable, decently accurate, and down right vicious within 25 yards. Mak ammo can be purchased in bulk for some pretty cheap prices.
    Also look for the .32naa barrel for it. Corbon made those new .32naa and some other size wonder round. Welcome to the 9x18 club my friend

--Beagle