Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by carver, Jun 26, 2011.

1. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    This one is for the fine folks that run this forum! Just wondering if it would be possible, or even practicle, to place a "New Post" button at the bottom of the page? My thoughts are that in order to get to the "New Post" button now, you have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page. If you have read all the posts in a thread, and you want to go to the "New Posts" button, it would be convenient to have one at the bottom of the page as well. Just a thought on my part, and sometimes thinking gets in my way!
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

The post reply button kinda already is at the bottom myles. If you hit 'go advanced' below the quick reply box it takes you to the same message board as the post reply button at the top..

I use the quick reply 99% of the time.. Only time I ever go advanced is if I forget a smiley function or if I need to upload a pic..
  3. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

He's not talking about replying, Josh. He wants the "New Posts" button from the menu up there with User CP, FAQ, Member List, etc. to also be at the bottom of the page.

I don't know if all the web browsers do this, but in Chrome hitting the "Home" key takes you immediately to the top of the page. In my tests, Chrome has also consistently been the fastest web browser on TFF. (I've only compared it to IE and Firefox).
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I don't think our forum software will allow us to put another menu bar at the bottom. I'll check though.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

OOOOHH.. Ok.. My bad myles.. I thot you were talkin bot the post reply button.. That would be a good feature to have top and bottom..
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I just thought it would be easier to read to the bottom of the page, post, or not, then click on the "New Posts" button at the bottom of the page, rather than having to scroll all the way back up to the top.