New rcbs AR dies

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ramdino, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ramdino

ramdino New Member

Is the new ar series dies made for the 223 AR 15 loaders? The description says it is a small case but I thought that is was better to use full case dies for an ar 15.
  2. Waldog

Waldog Member

I think you mean "small BASE" dies. Small base dies have been around for years. They size case the case about .001 to .003" smaller than a normal set of dies. Supposed to make chambering more reliable. Standard dies have worked in every semi-auto I have ever loaded for. I'm not really sure they are necessary. Could be something new I've never heard of though.
  3. ramdino

ramdino New Member

They are a new product. Check out rcbs website. They are so new that none of the rcbs dealers i have spoken with know about them.
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

The are just a small base die set that is labeled a little more clearly for their use. I wouldn't suggest using SB dies unless your rifle dictates that you must. I have yet to find a rifle in which FL sizing has not been adequate. I suppose once the chamber got filthy dirty, it may become more of an issue though.