New Ron Paul Legislation (Gun free zones)

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin T, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Congressman Ron Paul Introduces Legislation to Protect School Children from Mass Murderers
    Tuesday, 26 July 2011 16:18

Columbine.

Virginia Tech.

Fort Hood.

What do all of these shootings have in common?

The answer is they all occurred in government facilities where the private possession of firearms was prohibited.

In Washington, unconstitutional legislation is commonplace. But sometimes unconstitutional laws can have deadly consequences. The so-called “gun free school zones act,” written by radical anti-gun Senator Heb Kohl, is one such law.

Slammed through in 1996 as an amendment to a giant last-minute must-pass appropriations bill, the legislation disarmed school staff and other adults – leaving elementary and secondary school children defenseless to serial killers.

It also made it virtually impossible to drive your car down the street with your gun inside without violating the law by creating a 1000-foot so-called “gun-free zone” around every public and private school in the country.

“Gun free,” that is, except for the criminals.

No one – including politicians, the police, or the individual citizen – can predict where the next deranged serial killer will attack. And yet politicians continue to create “criminal safe zones” such as schools, churches, parks, restaurants that serve alcohol, etc., where the law-abiding are disarmed.

The net impact of turning schools, in particular, into defenseless targets for serial killers has been dramatic.

When many people over the age of 40 were growing up, ROTC students would march up-and-down high school campuses with their semi-automatic M1’s – and no one would think anything of it. Shooting clubs on school grounds were also not uncommon.

But within a couple a years of the enactment of the Kohl amendment, two disaffected teenagers walked into Columbine High School secure in the knowledge that they would be the only ones in the school who were armed.

And, of course, Columbine triggered a slew of copycat episodes – laying a mounting string of innocent casualties at the feet of Herb Kohl and his misbegotten legislation.

It’s time to say NO to criminal safe zones. And a great place to start is the blatantly unconstitutional gun free school zones act.

Thankfully, Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) agrees and has introduced legislation to do just that.

Rep. Paul recently introduced the “Citizens Protection Act of 2011” (H.R. 2613), which will repeal the Kohl amendment and thus remove the federally created criminal safety zones.

Rep. Paul is one of the few members of Congress who respects the Constitution and who actually introduces legislation to restore federalism. And, unlike some legislators, Paul has a history of forcing the House to vote on his pro-gun proposals, thus putting other congressmen on record.

GOA is proud to stand with Rep. Paul in the effort to repeal the unconstitutional gun free zones law. For anyone who cares about liberty, now is the time to work on getting the 218 votes we need to pass this important piece of legislation.

ACTION: Contact you congressman. Urge him or her to cosponsor Ron Paul’s Citizens Protection Act of 2011, H.R. 2613.

Contact your congressman
    http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/alert/?alertid=52092826
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

gun free zones, making life ( and death ) easy for psycho killers
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one in congress has stood for the principles of our constitution like Ron Paul. Yeah, I guess he doesn't have the support necessary to elect him president, but if Americans who feel strongly about the constitutional republic our founders gave us were honest with themselves, they'd admit that Ron Paul would be the ideal choice.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I too think Ron Paul would be a really good choice for President! However, because the GOP would not be able to control him, he won't get the nomination!
  5. cutter

cutter New Member

I too like Ron Paul, but as y'all have said we have to live in the real world. This is one election that I don't want to waste my vote to prove a point. It is just too impertant to get Obumer out!!!!
  6. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

OWK- "These arn't the droids your looking for"

STORMTROOPER- "These arn't the droids we're looking for"

OWK- "He can go about his buisness"

STORMTROOPER- "You can go about your buisness"

OWK- "Move along"

STORMTROOPER- "Move along.....move along."

MEDIA/TV/POLITICIANS- "Ron Paul can not win"

US POPULATION - "Ron Paul can not win"

DONALD TRUMP - "Ron Paul has zero chance of winning"

US POPULATION - "Ron Paul has zero chance of winning"

MEDIA/TV/POLITICIANS "You are wasting your vote if you don't vote for the lesser of
    two evils"

ME- "NEVER AGAIN !!!!!"

RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT !!!!

How the heck do you guys ever expect anything to change if WE keep making the same damn mistakes.

And when I say "CHANGE", I mean change. Not some crapy new boss, same as the old boss crap. Go ahead disagree, this is America(kind of). Mabe it'll be different this time. Do what you want, I'm done being a sheep.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  7. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Then stop being a sheep and back a loser if that's what you want to do. It's still a free country......At least til the next election.
  8. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Well-Known Member

It's about time that somebody opens there eyes! I would vote for Ron Paul!
  9. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Definition of insanityDoing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

Here, in the real world, an example....
    Hey, we hate the present POTUS a democrat, so, let's vote in the republican candidate, and things will be awesome. Yaaaay! Let's do that.

The above insanity has been repeated time and time again.

Stop playing their game. They're laughing at you every time you pull the lever for the republican THEY put up for you to choose, or the democrat THEY put up for you to choose. The two party paradigm is broken. The republicans are the SAME as the democrats - they just want to destroy/control you in a nicer, quieter, friendlier fashion/facism.

Until the conservatives in this country are willing to be the LIBERTARIANS that the founders were, we will continue to experience the same folly.

You want to know why Ron Paul is so unpalatable to so many of you? Because he's so "foreign" in his thinking --- it doesn't match up to what you think a good conservative republican should be. Because he's closer to the founders than most. The founders believed in LESS government. A LOT less --- less than most could even imagine. And he's a republican. But he's really more of a conservative libertarian. Even he realizes that the party is unsaveable, which is why he's getting out after this.

If you vote for the republican in the next election, and that person wins, let's say they do. Whooooopeeeeeee! We'll have the same 'ol same 'ol in no time.

Why be opposed to someone who's "outside the box?" As far as I'm concerned, the last few decades in our present "box" sucks!

Time for a new box. Time for a new candidate. One that doesn't have a D or an R in front of their name.

I'm not "throwing away my vote" after another republican closet fascist loser.

Either be principled or not! Don't tell me I'm not principled when I'm not willing to compromise and hold my nose while I pull the lever for the less stinky republican candidate, just because he/she's not a democrat. How utterly ridiculous.

Either be principled or not!!!!
  10. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

I like alot of what Ron Paul stands for but the libertarian stance on making drugs legal is kind of goofy and not well thought out.Like liberal Amsterdam or something I think will escalate the drug problem.I voted for Ross Perot because I was sick of both parties and the same old B.S.But looking back I think maybe I was had and Perot was put in just to take the conservative vote from Bush to give us Clinton.I would be very cousious ever not to vote Republican again.Fool me once not twice.
    Remember the old"The Who" rock song that sang(the party on the right is now the party on the left,we won't be fooled again)what an insight on politics now these days.
  11. doubleclutch

doubleclutch Member

N.E. Georgia,U.S., Third rock from the sun
    It's such a shame this country will probably never see a truly Constitutional candidate.
  12. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

At least with the Tea Party out there they are thinking long and hard about what they try to pass now.I'm sure they would have ramrodded the debt ceiling through and spent even more if it didn't exist.FOOOOSURE!!!!
  13. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

i hafta check him out first, not sure wth hes up to . im not tossin my vote in the toilet again for anything.
  14. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Why is it that everyone goes to this issue, the legalization of marijuana, as the stop point for a candidate? Come on. Just because some libertarians view this as admirable, does not mean it will become law.

I'd rather have legalized marijuana, and not be in the deplorable spending/debt situation (and all the crap that comes with it) we're in with true constitutional leadership. I don't think it would be that way though even on the drug thing.

A worse compromise is electing another RINO who promises little and goes back on it all and takes us several steps further backward to boot.
  15. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Again, people are taking the issue of having obama for 4 more yrs waayyyyy to lightly. Every single time I read these posts about ron paul, I am pretty much in agreement with everything that is said. BUT, its my opinion that if we allow obama to get re-elected, nothing will matter next time around. He will have succeeded in the complete dis-assembleing of this country and it wouldnt even surprise me if he attempted sharia law on top of global gun control. You guys better realize who this guy is and what he can do in 4 more yrs. One more of his court appointments will throw the balance in his direction and the 2nd ammendment is seriously at risk.

We have the worst, anti american, terrorist loving, anti gun, liberal idiot in charge right now and not only has he spent more money than every president we have ever had combined, he has emboldened the gay community, the welfare community, all anti american orgs, the unions, and taken control of corporations and on and on and on. Four more yrs will bury us beyond recognition. I can not and I will not allow him to have that opportunity and I hope you folks will come to the same conclusion. I will put my support behind ron paul in 2016 and even campaign for him and donate the max allowed to his campaign, but I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get obozo out of office first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE BUT OBOZO IN 2012!!!!