New Roof

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jay3534, Apr 29, 2010.

1. jay3534

jay3534 Member

I am going to have the third roof put on my house and am looking at metal roofing. Does any body here know anything about them and if someone is in the business in the Raleigh N.C. let me know.
    Thanks
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I don't know about anyone in the business in Raleigh, but my brother put one on his house, and did it him self. It looks great, and the warenty on them is fantastic! You will not be replacing another roof, unless it gets blown off in a huricane!
  3. Texman

Texman New Member

I had steel roof put on after the 4th hail storm tore up my asphalt one. I had Muller Inc. do mine( check around bet there is a branch near you) , One day to remove the old crap and replace/ repair the plywood sub, and a day to put it on. They pre-cut all the sections and a 4 man crew got it up in one day. Won't change. AND their warranty is awesome, with no hassles.
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

We had a local contractor do ours. He had a LARGE crew, and they removed the old roofing and put on the metal in a single day.
    I had one screw work loose, and had to re-tighten and tar it about two years after installation.
    That's it -

You might want to check with your insurance company, though. Some of them do not like metal roofing, and without telling them of the change they MAY try to get out of paying in the event of a fire, just as they would if you switched from a conventional heating system to a wood stove without notifying them - -