New Rossi Lever action mod. 1892

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Deacon_Man, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Went to town today and bought my new rifle. Rossi lever action 24" octagon barrel all stainless steel with a walnut stock. She holds 13 +1 .45 long colt. It's a bit heavy but I think the heavy barrel will reduce the kick and not hurt my shoulder. Now I can load my ammo for it as light or heavy as I want. Can't wait to get my brother to take me hog hunting with it and see what kind of knock down power it has.

Attached Files:

2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Very nice !
    Good choice.
    Won't be any issue with recoil [I used to shoot silhouettes
    with a Smith revolver .45Colt]
    Most of my lever guns are .357 and no recoil felt.
    I think the .45colt is sweeter to shoot than .357
    I do need one in .45colt to go with my revolvers......;)
  3. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY.
  4. jce07a

jce07a New Member

have you gotten to use the ranch rifle from rossi? the short lever action. if so, how is it?
  5. 1stTankerSki

1stTankerSki New Member

That's a very nice rifle!
    You won't have much kick with 45 Colt ammo, but for Hog hunting, and stopping power, a .44 Mag. is better for 350 lb. or more larger boars.
    I just bought a Rossi Puma 92, (60's era) lever action in .44 Mag. (10+1), and it has less kick then my .308 Win M88. which I think is soft. I fired 50 rounds with it, at water bottles, in the local gravel pit. With buckhorn sights, plinking at 100 ft., 150 and 200 ft. just to get the feel of my rifle, and see if I was shooting what I aimed at.
    I'd like to hear what you think, after your Hog hunt. Good Luck!
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

VERY nice looking Rifle!
    I had a Winchester 94 AE in .45LC and had it scoped and the recoil on it was about
    un-noticeable, VERY low recoil.
  7. cpt-t

cpt-t New Member

Deacon Man: I have had my SS 45LC ROSSI 20in barreled rifle for a long time. And have enjoyed it very much. I Cowboy Shoot and hunt with it. Mine feeds RNFP bullets the best, SWC are not very smooth in feeding. I use 250 gr or 255 gr lead hard cast RNFP bullets with 7 grs of WIN 231 for 800 + FPS. I have used it to pig hunt with several times in NE texas. Never shot a very big pig with it just 100 to 150 lbs, and find it works just great have yet to loose one. This load is very comfortable to shoot, the hot factory stuff works good to but is not as pleasent to shoot. I hope you enjoy your rifle as much as I do mind. Good luck to you. ken