New Ruger???

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

warpig883
    (11/9/01 4:53:51 pm)
    | Edit | Del All New Ruger???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I saw on another site that Ruger is now making a SxS shotgun. There is nothing on their website have any of you gun addict heard anything? I have been wishin for a new American SxS for years. I wish Browning would listen to me.
    custom signature

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/9/01 7:29:44 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: New Ruger???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hadn't heard that yet but you my want to check this out. www.berettausa.com/products/index.htm

Since your there check out that 391 also
    Browning-The Best There Is.

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/9/01 7:33:09 pm)
    Did not know it was out yet....is it? Heard the rumor year before last and just recently heard it was scheuled for production and would be available in the same grades as their O&U guns.....KAIN`T wait..
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/9/01 9:03:29 pm)
    I read that somewhere to,can't remember.Might have to take a peek,you know how I hate
    dem SxS's.
    Had me a 28 ga redlabel,I did,just wasn't right(Damn barrel on top and bottom) felt funny
    shootin it sideways like a homeboy hand gun.Sold it and got another BSS.Oh well,to bed
    early tonight,got me a hot date with some pheasants in the am.

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/9/01 9:05:45 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: New Ruger???
    I hope they find some decent wood. Most Ruger wood looks like it came from the lumberyard.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    (11/9/01 10:09:00 pm)
    I agree on the wood, and I really hate their plastic stocks. I think the basic design of their goofy plastic stocks is the reason their rifles kick worse than a freight train. I can't belive it is my worst hated manufacturer that is coming out with a long awaited American SxS. I suppose I will have to buy one. I still think Bill Ruger is a turd who is not worthy of looking at the grave of John Moses Browning.

Here is the thread where I heard about this. About halfway down is a post by Light Twelve, i think he needs a night in the Pump House to wind down. I do agree with what he says.

www.shotgunsports.com/cgi...startnum=1

custom signature

Edited by: warpig883 at: 11/9/01 10:17:41 pm

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/9/01 11:30:38 pm)
    Warpig,

Where are SKB Shotguns made? My friend has one of thier sxs and says he really likes it... just an idea
    Browning-The Best There Is.

warpig883
    (11/10/01 6:18:40 am)
    They are made in Japan. SKB is a very old gun manufacturer and they make good quality weapons. The SxS's are a little out of my price range.